Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Glad you enjoyed the vid....
I enjoyed putting it together...
& most of all I enjoy the hats......

Music by Johnny Heartsman , redfire records #6401, recorded early 60's in Oakland CA
Besame Mucho, part 1 & part 2 written by Velazquez

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Cool video, Che!

hey Rabbit are all your hats VS hats, I say because I find myself drooling at the hats posted by all the member pictures in this thread but you have a good number of pictures so if you don't mind I must ask

Hello Don, welcome to the Lounge.
All my custom hats are VS hats, both the felts and the Panamas. I also own some 1920s to 1950s vintage hats, felts and Panamas. I've handled a few modern production hats, but didn't keep any.

Last edited:
pw016-1.jpg

pw015-1.jpg

Montana peak from Art, received today, Thanks!

Last edited:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
That was quick Perry, thanks for posting it. Casehopper, I'm not familiar with that term what does a "lemon squeezer" mean? This is my first attempt at a Montana peak.
Che, OMG, I had forgotten how many hats I've made for you. Beautifully done Sir, Thank you. May I ask Ed to download it to the VS website?

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Often a lemon gets a profile similar to a montana peak, when pressed on an old fashioned lemon squeezer. That was how I read it, anyway. After developing the mental image, I found it quite amusing :)

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Art,
Lemon squeezer is a Canadian term for a Montana peak. It comes from the way a citrus juicer looks (like the one shown below):
RedHenStudios.jpg

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
That was quick Perry, thanks for posting it. Casehopper, I'm not familiar with that term what does a "lemon squeezer" mean? This is my first attempt at a Montana peak.
Che, OMG, I had forgotten how many hats I've made for you. Beautifully done Sir, Thank you. May I ask Ed to download it to the VS website?
Art that is why Che made it.:) Waiting for the rest of the info before putting up on the site.:)

pfisto22

New in Town
Ok well my number came up yesterday. I have been making changes for the past month now in my mind color,ribbon, crown, shoulder,brim,welted. The life of a virgin custom hatter. I wish I could pull into his shop and have something in my hand then decide. But I am sure it will work out great.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
[video=youtube;iuD7uuCnZ78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iuD7uuCnZ78[/video]

:cool:

What a gorgeous collection!!!! Art's bow's are fantastic and show his incredible artistic vision and imagination. I am always amazed at what he comes up with. Thanks for posting them all for us to enjoy seeing.

fedoralover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy