Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

dnjan

One Too Many
Thanks all!
I was planning this hat for a long time - wanted the ventilation of the semi-caledo without the brim-flop of a finer weave. And I wanted something that could be worn with a coat and tie. For me, this hat nailed it!

dnjan

One Too Many
Trust me, Art - my response is 100% A+ !!!

and thanks, OG! That photo you recently posted outside with the onion rings (can't remember the thread) reminded me of the regret I had in never being able to connect up with you while I was in Pittsburgh a couple of years ago. I mentally picture a couple of gray-hairs with their panamas, dining al-fresco, oblivious to the "ballcaps" around us. Hope to get back there possibly later this summer. I'll let you know if I'll be able to get some free time to meet-up.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Trust me, Art - my response is 100% A+ !!!

and thanks, OG! That photo you recently posted outside with the onion rings (can't remember the thread) reminded me of the regret I had in never being able to connect up with you while I was in Pittsburgh a couple of years ago. I mentally picture a couple of gray-hairs with their panamas, dining al-fresco, oblivious to the "ballcaps" around us. Hope to get back there possibly later this summer. I'll let you know if I'll be able to get some free time to meet-up.

Sounds good to me, looking forward to it....

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
my vs dove light

IMG_2236_edited-1_zps192d54f3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Denton

One of the Regulars
VS milan with optimo crown

Just received this beautiful hat.

This is a design (milan straw with optimo crown) that I have had in my head for a few years. It's an old-fashioned design, but not a well known one, so it evokes a sense of the past without seeming to belong to an identifiable period. It seems both old and new. I think the hats posted above by dnjan and smoothsailor have a similar quality.

The ribbon is quite special. Art said he was worried that it might be too much for me, and if he had described it, I might have said that it sounded nice but maybe too flashy. Actually it's perfect. The variations in texture and pattern keep things interesting, and the color keeps things plain, so the effect is understated in a way that suits me very well.

Also it fits like a dream. Thank you Art!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Wow, amazing! Denton, that ribbon works so fantastic on that hat, and what a great idea of having Art Fawcett make a Milan with a Optimo crease! Unless someone else has one made, I would about bet you have a one-of-a-kind hat that no one else will ever have! I am positive you will stir up some imaginative work for Mr. Fawcett to do for many others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot