Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
"Art, thanks for all your hard work. I love the hat! "
Thank you Mike. Now you can see what I have been so excited over and how light these are. After cutting the brim on Charlies hat it weighed only 1.8 oz. , scary light.

Landman

One Too Many
Thanks everybody. I appreciate your compliments.

Art, I can certainly understand your cause for excitement. I have an older Portis "Lite Wate" that I thought was light until I pick this up out of the box.

I don't have a scale to weigh mine but I might see about buying one. What do you guys use to weigh your hats? A postal scale?

barrowjh

One Too Many
I like it too, Landman. I am in the que for one eventually, not in any hurry, and for that matter I am still vacillating about minor details of exactly what do I want. I see that 2 5/8 brim and I think it looks too short, but maybe that is simply a perspective problem (relative to height of the open crown). I'm considering adding the diamond ventilation pattern on the sides, no liner, and Art's OpenRoad ribbon treatment. Show us a pic of yours after you have creased it, please, that would help with the brim-width perspective.

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
Wearing my new Art Fawcett "Howard Hughes" fedora and my A-2 jacket at my place up in the North Woods of Wisconsin.

For Publication.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
I got in line when Art announced he had acquired the Mallory bodies. Like hatsRme, I asked Art to make a hat from one the "Mahoot" bodies. This is the result. It has a 3" brim, the widest I've had him make for me. I've creased and re-creased this hat at least fifty times since I got it yesterday, just playing with the thing to see what it will do. It pops right back to an open crown when I do that, and then goes back to whatever crease I want. As Charlie's photos show, it is difficult to photograph accurately and looks different in different lighting conditions. Sometimes it looks a sort of dusty brown, sometimes an eggplant purple. Even the ribbon color changes with the light, with a silver-to-violet variation. Just amazing. These shots are the best color representation I could get. Very nicely done, Art.

IMG_4399_zps54bc93d6.jpg

IMG_4400_zpsc40d5293.jpg

IMG_4392_zps58425dfa.jpg

IMG_4393_zps7fb2e9cd.jpg

IMG_4396_zpsd8864835.jpg

IMG_43731_zpsbe4b1210.jpg

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Just picked it up this morning. Haven't had time to do anything with it but snap a few pictures. The vintage felt is incredibly lightweight. You don't even know you have a hat on your head! The color is Pearl, which when I compare it to Art's felt samples is similar to his Silvermist. It has a light blue tone to it that is hard to capture in a picture (at least for me!).

Here are a couple of pictures of it in different lighting. The first picture is probably the closest to the actual color but is still a little washed out by the lighting. It has a 2 5/8" underwelt brim with a mid width ribbon.

VS_Pearl_103_zpse21e91c5.jpg

VS_Pearl_101_zps18dbed40.jpg

Art, thanks for all your hard work. I love the hat!

Wow and wow again! I can imagine you will not see anyone else wearing any hat like that one! Super nice....if only my money tree was harvesting some of those fresh green bills.....lol! You really scored big time on that one.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I got in line when Art announced he had acquired the Mallory bodies. Like hatsRme, I asked Art to make a hat from one the "Mahoot" bodies. This is the result. It has a 3" brim, the widest I've had him make for me. I've creased and re-creased this hat at least fifty times since I got it yesterday, just playing with the thing to see what it will do. It pops right back to an open crown when I do that, and then goes back to whatever crease I want. As Charlie's photos show, it is difficult to photograph accurately and looks different in different lighting conditions. Sometimes it looks a sort of dusty brown, sometimes an eggplant purple. Even the ribbon color changes with the light, with a silver-to-violet variation. Just amazing. These shots are the best color representation I could get. Very nicely done, Art.

IMG_4399_zps54bc93d6.jpg

IMG_4400_zpsc40d5293.jpg

IMG_4392_zps58425dfa.jpg

IMG_4393_zps7fb2e9cd.jpg

IMG_4396_zpsd8864835.jpg

IMG_43731_zpsbe4b1210.jpg

Another hit! Amazing color. The color contrast of the ribbon against the color of the hat body....priceless.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
+1... very handsome ribbon and bow.

Art, is the weight after addition of sweatband and liner? I have only handled two hats under 2 ounces - both have grosgrain sweatbands.

This was prior to sweatband and liner Alan, I was trying to explain difficulties to Charlie so weighed it on a postal scare while he was on the phone. Honestly, these bodies are something beyond my skill level so it's been a real education. Imagine trying to make viable hats from tissue paper. The experience is similar but dang, when they come out right it's pretty exciting. Yes, I've ruined a few bodies. uggg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran