Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Mustang

One of the Regulars
I was a couple beers in when I received Art's call, letting me know it was my turn. It was a brief, but good conversation (speaking for myself). I decided on his very last oxblood, 6" open crown, 2.5" brim, 1.75" ribbon (I believe he said it's burgundy) with his signature splash of color, and matching bound brim.

It arrived today. I actually left work early because I was couldn't take the anticipation. The first thing I did is steam it to a diamond bash. I absolutely love this hat. I'm such a pessimist, that I was sure I steered him wrong somehow. Despite my inability to perfectly articulate what I wanted, I got exactly what I want. No, it's better. Truly a work of art. No pun intended. Something this nice deserves effort when it comes to photographs, so it'll be a day or two, but they'll come.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Couldn't pass up the lighting this evening. The mug shot isn't very color accurate,but the other two are right on the money.

Last edited:

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Righteous! I have that color VS. Great color! I like your ribbon color better than mine. That's the last one?

CONGRATS!!

Thank you! It really is a great color. Yes, he said it's the last one he has and he's not buying anymore. Just not enough interest.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Really sweet hat. It's a very good day when a box from Mr. Fawcett arrives.

It sure is, on both counts. I'm already contemplating what color I'm going to go with for my next one. I'm definitely going with the same dimensions. The crown height and brim width are absolutely perfect. It's so versatile. I can go all the way from brim up with a t-shirt and jeans to brim down with a suit and tie. I need to buy a nicer suit to match the hat though, now! :)

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It sure is, on both counts. I'm already contemplating what color I'm going to go with for my next one. I'm definitely going with the same dimensions. The crown height and brim width are absolutely perfect. It's so versatile. I can go all the way from brim up with a t-shirt and jeans to brim down with a suit and tie. I need to buy a nicer suit to match the hat though, now! :)

It's funny how you start to consider sartorial decisions in terms of your hats. My last couple of purchases have been a vintage Lee denim jacket and a seersucker suit, just because they look fine with my straw hats.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Now get back to that beer...!
2 hours and 15 minutes, not that I'm counting. :cheers1:

It's funny how you start to consider sartorial decisions in terms of your hats. My last couple of purchases have been a vintage Lee denim jacket and a seersucker suit, just because they look fine with my straw hats.

That is the truth. Until I get my next VS hat, every piece of clothing I purchase will match this hat.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
%22Savannah%22.jpeg

New Color!
Sometimes mistakes are better than perfection. I was running low on my color "Blue Smoke" but also cash so I asked Winchester to dye only 24 instead of the normal 36 bodies for custom dying. They were kind enough to oblige me but something happened in the math translation and what I received was nothing like "Blue Smoke" and a LOT like Confederate grey. So, I have a new color in the palette. Please take a look at "Confederate" under the new limited edition "Savannah". I only have 22 available so your response will determine whether we continue with the color.

I really like it, hope you do too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo