Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Here ya go...

Everyone in one image:

vs-1000-L.jpg

Top Middle: mid-ribbon VS Sportaire (still one of my favorites of Art's styles). Dress weight felt

Bottom, L to Right:

ArtLite SilverMist
ArtLite Dark Moss
ArtLite Sahara

Finally, ArtLite Silverbelly

D31_8290-M.jpg
Thank so much David
This is exactly what I'm looking for!

How would you describe the ArtLite felt?

Just curious

DJH

I'll Lock Up
For me, the ArtLite is the closest modern felt to vintage. Maybe not 40's Borsalino, but it competes head to head with my 50's Stetsons. It is thin and light - like hats used to be. Three of mine have ventilation holes too (two have them in the sides and one in the top of the crown)

If you do get a hat from Art, I'd hugely suggest you pay the few extra buckeroonies and have him make you a bandblock. I have one and use it all the time. It's a sweatfest here in the summer and those sweatbands love to shrink when they get wet. I just put a hat on the bandblock when I take it off and it fits perfectly next time. Best hat investment ever!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
For me, the ArtLite is the closest modern felt to vintage. Maybe not 40's Borsalino, but it competes head to head with my 50's Stetsons. It is thin and light - like hats used to be. Three of mine have ventilation holes too (two have them in the sides and one in the top of the crown)

If you do get a hat from Art, I'd hugely suggest you pay the few extra buckeroonies and have him make you a bandblock. I have one and use it all the time. It's a sweatfest here in the summer and those sweatbands love to shrink when they get wet. I just put a hat on the bandblock when I take it off and it fits perfectly next time. Best hat investment ever!
Thank you David
and I will indeed inquire about the bandblock

RJR

VS Playboy in black cherry lightweight felt (satin finish):

Agree with David's comments on both counts, heck, get two band blocks. The lightweight felt really is something else, especially in Art's hands. It's a really nice, moldable felt.
+1 re the bandblock.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
VS Straws.

From top:

Semi-Colado Panama - maybe the best warm weather hat ever.

Dualist - the crown and ribbon was donated from my worst ever hat purchase; a Montecristi Panama from Optimo in Chicago.

Dualist - Art's Milan for the crown

Western style Milan

5910b0dc1c9bc128043e5f4b7c96b7c3.jpg

e8d01c1ed8030e0c310b24a15578405b.jpg
29f5e4dafebff27c84e20a61d54d6fbf.jpg
34a38a4802fb9b43706f89ca10ed8ccb.jpg
ffe31589a2cec32efeb83218c7ae6824.jpg
Wow...woooooooow and woooooooooooooooooow

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Agree with David's comments on both counts, heck, get two band blocks. The lightweight felt really is something else, especially in Art's hands. It's a really nice, moldable felt.

After viewing this hat, a vote from our household is this is the number one best looking hat we have seen on the Lounge or anywhere else, regardless of custom or vintage hats. We know you have plenty of great looking hats, but I think you also put this near the very top of your own favorites as well!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

awesome Jared
thank you for posting

I'm looking forward to starting this process with Art

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ant, the granite VS in my bash video is lightweight. It's great felt.

And the band block, yeah you need one. They are awesome. Art got my head shape PERFECT so now all of my hats that are too round oval for my long oval head are right on.

g.durand

One Too Many
There was some internal debate on my part about which thread to post this in first, but I think it's an instant Hall-of-Famer.
This just-arrived Granite dress weight mid-ribbon number, 5 3/4 inch open crown, 2 7/8 inch brim. I gave Art the dimensions I wanted and a preference on the ribbon size and color, but he made the final ribbon choice. I think it works. It fits perfectly, as usual for a VS hat. I'm really pleased with this one. Art nailed it.

IMG_8125_zpsdg7dr1bb.jpg
IMG_8124_zps7saeqdix.jpg
IMG_8134_zps9mwlnpyk.jpg
IMG_8128_zpsuteu2z3n.jpg
IMG_8129_zpskmfdvfi7.jpg

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
There was some internal debate on my part about which thread to post this in first, but I think it's an instant Hall-of-Famer.
This just-arrived Granite dress weight mid-ribbon number, 5 3/4 inch open crown, 2 7/8 inch brim. I gave Art the dimensions I wanted and a preference on the ribbon size and color, but he made the final ribbon choice. I think it works. It fits perfectly, as usual for a VS hat. I'm really pleased with this one. Art nailed it.

IMG_8125_zpsdg7dr1bb.jpg
IMG_8124_zps7saeqdix.jpg
IMG_8134_zps9mwlnpyk.jpg
IMG_8128_zpsuteu2z3n.jpg
IMG_8129_zpskmfdvfi7.jpg
Absolutely nailed it! Wonderful in every way! I have my first order in with VS for dove gray, and if the result is anywhere near what you received, I'll be delighted.

emigran

Practically Family
my conformer arrives Mon.
can't wait to rip off this hat :)

great piece Michael !!!

great job Mr. Fawcett

Moon... you think it's exciting now... wait till you put your order in and then ya gotta wait till you get the USPS notice that it's arriving in two days...!!!
There are Loungers who take photos of their box and its unwrapping... !!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24