Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I have never had the courage to give a hatter free reign to design and build a hat for me. I have however told them to pick a ribbon from their selection that they think fits best. It was a hatter that had built me many hats and knew my taste. It worked out great but the choice was well within my parametres of acceptability.
I really liked the Dualist that Art made for @jlee562 so I am having one made. I am letting Art decide on the exact color of brim and ribbon. I asked for something light colored for my tropical lifestyle and maybe a pastel ribbon. I like the idea of letting the hatter get creative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really liked the Dualist that Art made for @jlee562 so I am having one made. I am letting Art decide on the exact color of brim and ribbon. I asked for something light colored for my tropical lifestyle and maybe a pastel ribbon. I like the idea of letting the hatter get creative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too love the idea of giving the hatter creative latitude...just never summoned the courage to actually let him do it!

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
Sometimes I have to laugh at myself, like a kid in an ice cream shop. What toppings do I want on my Glacier. I'm with Tuc, the wanderer is at the top so far. Then I waffle to maybe an Open Road, or an Artlite with vents, or maybe some Anasazi flair, or, maybe..... maybe i just need to chill and let Art do his magic. ;)

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I'm not fashion savvy enough to know what might complement a Glacier but a charcoal, mid-gray, silver, or slate ribbon all sound interesting.

Perhaps we should ask for a parade of light blue hats in the WAYWT thread to get more ideas :)

I have more charcoal ribbons on custom hats than any other color; it’s hard to go wrong.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is my last Art Fawcett fedora. Bittersweet to say that but it's true. A light sage Dualist that I wore for the first time today for worship services. I've counted and I currently have 14 hats from Art. Sad to realize I won't be able to order new hats. But at least I'm well stocked with "works of Art".

IMG_3105.jpg
IMG_3105a.jpg
IMG_3106.jpg
IMG_3107.jpg

Scooterz

Practically Family
It's here! Chocolate OTR, came open crown 2 5/8" brim. Nice hat, think its going to get a lot of head time. Only drawback is it's hotter than hades here for probably another month. Ribbon is brown and it has a little sheen to it, especially in photos.
20190830_154503.jpg 20190830_154540r.jpg

Quick bash but brim still up. Brim did not stay down by just snapping. It is a little semi-stiff.
20190830_155149s.jpg It was slightly a tight fit at first but starting to feel like a baseball glove conformingn to my head. Pretty comfortable after wearing inside maybe 45 minutes or so. These OTRs are just made to standard sizes. Steamed brim down in front and some side dents into it.
20190830_155953s.jpg 190830_155752s.jpg
Outdoor shots
20190830_160706_HDRs.jpg 20190830_160750_HDRs.jpg
20190830_160629s.jpg

It's here! Chocolate OTR, came open crown 2 5/8" brim. Nice hat, think its going to get a lot of head time. Only drawback is it's hotter than hades here for probably another month. Ribbon is brown and it has a little sheen to it, especially in photos.
View attachment 182631 View attachment 182638

Quick bash but brim still up. Brim did not stay down by just snapping. It is a little semi-stiff.
View attachment 182639 It was slightly a tight fit at first but starting to feel like a baseball glove conformingn to my head. Pretty comfortable after wearing inside maybe 45 minutes or so. These OTRs are just made to standard sizes. Steamed brim down in front and some side dents into it.
View attachment 182640 View attachment 182644
Outdoor shots
View attachment 182641 View attachment 182643
View attachment 182645

Looks great! So, does it run true to size or are they a bit small? I like the dove, but the dimensions of the brown are more to my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Mighty nice!

View attachment 182631 View attachment 182638

View attachment 182639 It was slightly a tight fit at first but starting to feel like a baseball glove conformingn to my head. Pretty comfortable after wearing inside maybe 45 minutes or so. These OTRs are just made to standard sizes. Steamed brim down in front and some side dents into it.
View attachment 182640 View attachment 182644
Outdoor shots
View attachment 182641 View attachment 182643
View attachment 182645

Scooterz

Practically Family
Looks great! So, does it run true to size or are they a bit small? I like the dove, but the dimensions of the brown are more to my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would say its true to size. Just a smidge tight at first in a couple of spots but it still fit., maybe the humidity and temp differences on its trip here.

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
I recently picked up an OTR chocolate on the bay. I'm a 7 1/4 this ebay one was 7 3/8, fits great with a small spacer in the back. Sizes seem right on the money. I really like it. Here it is next to the new Tatton Baird pure beaver. OTR is rabbit and the brim snapped just fine for me. Similar chocolate color, the Tatton is a much more lush felt being a western weight beaver. Both are beautiful soft hats with slightly different finishes. Excellent works from two master craftsmen.
20190903_131734-1008x756.jpg
20190903_131655-1008x756.jpg

nidan48

New in Town
I got the chocolate, haven't steamed the brim yet.
I'll probably do my standard center crease with a pinched front
but I can't think about it yet. Still too hot for felt.
I sweated up an open weave strawgrass today.
Color is gorgeous, feels like an akubra, can't wait to wear it,
break it a bit and make it mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto