Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Jabos

A-List Customer
Thank you HungaryTom. How many VSs do you own now?!?!?! I think you must have one of every color, or close to it. That camel is beautiful, and I really like that maroon vertical stripe in the bow-what a touch of color. Very nice.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Jabos said:
How many VSs do you own now?!?!?! .

9:)

KeriVShatscollection.jpg

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Bart,

Thanks for the words- also the fist part of the sentence.

Jack,

Your motto hits the nail on the head! Its valid also for me...:D

Jabos

A-List Customer
Very impressive indeed!!!! I would think you must have the most VSs in one collection. Can anyone top nine? Bart-you have a few? Carter?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Jabos said:
Very impressive indeed!!!! I would think you must have the most VSs in one collection. Can anyone top nine? Bart-you have a few? Carter?

Not even close. 2 for me. But I know others have a bunch. Thats the crazy thing about the lids Art creates. You would think that the hats are so wonderful that you would be content with one, but that first one just makes you want more, and more........................and more. He does amazing work and somehow makes each one special unto itself.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Showing off!

Jabos said:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=32011&page=2&highlight=Boston

Thread: Showing off
Page: 2
Poster: Art Fawcett
Date: 18 June 2008

IC, the current record stands at 40,followed by a gent in Boston with 27. Neither of them post pics of their hats for their own reasons. That's fine by me..

END OF QUOTE

Still on the hobby side...

Jabos

A-List Customer
WOW! I'm floored. 40, or 27. Still, you must be pretty happy Tom to have one for every day of the week, and a couple to mix in. I'll bet you get lots of compliments.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Gilgamark said:
Daaaammmmnnnn! 40?

I'm in the wrong line of work.

:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

lol lol lol It'll be OK Gilgamark..try a paper bag...breath slowly..lol lol

I've recently finished #41 for him and there has been enough time pass here with new members joining every day I should explain that this client, also on the Lounge, was one of my first when I decided to take my passion from a hobby to a business. He pushed me right from the beginning to expand my ideas of color, style by continually dreaming up combinations and making me do things I hadn't done before. As such, he became what we jokingly call my "design dept" and is in fact, still pushing me to try new things. I should also mention that in these 3 years we have become good frineds also and would have even if he didn't order hats.

Thank you for showing your hats Gents, and especially you Tom. Every artist or tradesman needs patrons that appreciate the work even for just the work's sake and I consider you one of mine.

OK...stepping out of the thread again...

Justdog

Practically Family
Amazing

Jabos said:
Here is my new hat, a clone of my great grandfather's hat mentioned earlier in this thread. I love it, but what is not to love about an Art hat?
027-1.jpg

Amazing hat. Searching for very similar in Charcoal and Navy. Is that a snap brim?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
You know what I like about this lid? The lack of edge binding. Sometimes that clean look on the brim is really striking. Nice. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Jabos

A-List Customer
Yes, it is a snap brim. I agree JTL, the clean edge is nice. I was going to let Art be creative on my next, a granite, with the ribbon. But, I love this one so much that I may have him do another thin ribbon, like HB's below:
F12061.jpg
[/IMG]

But, I keep thinking how nice the same hat would be in whiskey. Mmmmm. . .

tortswon

Practically Family
My newly refurbished Stratoliner from Art

Just got this in the mail today. It is a Stratoliner I picked up on eBay that Art completely refurbished. Before:

After:

Thanks Art! Best, Sam

1911 Man

A-List Customer
Jabos said:
Yes, it is a snap brim. I agree JTL, the clean edge is nice. I was going to let Art be creative on my next, a granite, with the ribbon.

But, I keep thinking how nice the same hat would be in whiskey. Mmmmm. . .

It's hard to decide with Art, so many possibilities!
I have recently placed an order for a Trackside model in whiskey colored felt. After that, I want another Whippet clone in blue smoke.

I'm so glad I married a patient and understanding girl. She tells me she's so glad I spend my time, money, and energy on hobbies like hats, jackets, guns, and Jeeps, instead of chasing other women :)

1911 Man

A-List Customer
tortswon said:
Just got this in the mail today. It is a Stratoliner I picked up on eBay that Art completely refurbished. Before:

After:

Thanks Art! Best, Sam

That is a very nice refurbish job on a great looking hat. Congrads!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn