Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Not a new hat, but my dusty pink stingy celebrating it`s first cherry blossom season!

NikonApril2009002.jpg

Jabos

A-List Customer
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Doggonnit D-guy, just when I think I am over her you bring out another photo of the lovely Dusty Pink and my heart melts again . . .

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Daizawaguy,

In general I don't like stingies but this photo is amazing!
A real classic in it own right -color harmonies and proportions are well composed!
Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations:

Tom

kaosharper1

One Too Many
My new work of Art. I asked for a 1930s "Maltese Falcon" type hat that I could give the Bogie, deep crease 1930s bash to. I didn't want a replica, so we decided on a Granite lightweight with a matching ribbon, and welted edge. I also told Art he could do one of his signature ribbon treatments. It came out great, but there are some issues with my camera. I'm posting the pictures anyway.

Also, I would like to name it, but can't decide. I was hoping some Loungers would help me out. I'd like something "Maltese Falcon" related since it did inspire the hat. So far I've come up with "The Grey Bird," "Fog City," or "The P.I." Anyone have any other ideas?

DSCN1492.jpg

DSCN1493.jpg

DSCN1496.jpg

DSCN1499.jpg

carldelo

One Too Many
Well, you could call it 'the Dingus' which is how Spade refers to the bird, but that might sound somewhat, er, pejorative. Or you could get obscure and call it 'La Paloma', as that hat is truly 'on fire'... :eusa_doh:
It's a great hat, I mostly want one, final verdict to depend on in-focus pictures, of course... ;)

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Torpedo said:
Great hat. Did you order it open crown, for you to crease it, or did Art do the job?

Thanks! Art did do a crease on the hat, but I changed it substantially (sorry, Art) to better match those great pictures on thegoldenera.net site.

It is a full 6" open crowned. The brim is 2 1/2". Art suggested 2 3/8" which would be more accurate, but I think with my broad mug I needed that extra eighth.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Additional pictures

These are a little better, but the color's not right. Granite is a brownish grey:

DSCN1515.jpg

DSCN1517.jpg

DSCN1516.jpg

I like "the Dingus." Anyone else have an opinion?

univibe88

One Too Many
My opinion is that your hat is incredible! I'm glad you went for the 2.5" brim, it really does suit your face. That deep bash is beautiful!

Can we get a picture of the inside?

carldelo

One Too Many
kaosharper1 said:

One more: "The St. Damo Lid" (The "Stuff that Dreams are made of" - maybe too far to go for a name that you'll be explaining forever).

Ditto what Univibe said on the deep bash - looks great - the new pictures are good too, that's a great lid.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Sweet Lid

kaosharper1 said:
These are a little better, but the color's not right. Granite is a brownish grey:
DSCN1515.jpg

"Dingus" is good but you might want to consider the "Malt-eze" or "Malteze" (with or without the hyphen).

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Help me Name my new VS

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions, gentlemen.

Well, so far I like the Dingus and The Malteeze. I also kind of like "The Grey Bird." Any one else have an opinion?

kaosharper1

One Too Many
The Dingus

I decided to go with the pejorative name, and call my new VS "The Dingus." Thought it'd be a fun name. Thanks everyone, especially Cardello for the suggestion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran