Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Garrett said:
I asked Art to replicate two Borsalino fedoras owned by Al Capone and the first arrived yesterday. The ribbon was taken from an early 20's fedora so it has a great period accurate feel.

White Rabbit Felt

Wow. What a hat! White Rabbit felt? Is that new?

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't know if the white rabbit felt is new to Art but I remembered it from the hat he made for club30s and requested this to be used.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Incredible! I absolutely love it! Congratulations!

Out of curiosity, I'd love to compare this felt to Art's natural felt in texture, weight and its overall feel. Can you tell us about the difference that the rabbit makes?

Oh and that ribbon... man-oooh-man!!! :D

StylinLA

Familiar Face
Garrett said:
I asked Art to replicate two Borsalino fedoras owned by Al Capone and the first arrived yesterday. The ribbon was taken from an early 20's fedora so it has a great period accurate feel.
Fantastic. I don't think I could pull off wearing it much, but would love to have it. Pretty sure I've seen pics of Capone in that hat.

Wow.

Garrett

mike said:
Incredible! I absolutely love it! Congratulations!

Out of curiosity, I'd love to compare this felt to Art's natural felt in texture, weight and its overall feel. Can you tell us about the difference that the rabbit makes?

Oh and that ribbon... man-oooh-man!!! :D

I've only had chance to examine one other of Art's fedoras - the wallstreet that Anon owns. The beaver is heavier and has a dense feel - a bit more malleable.

I'm quite happy with this white rabbit felt and would encourage people who are on the fence about it to take the plunge!

Garrett

Art Fawcett Capone PART 2

in Mojave dress weight

IMG_2961.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

BobC

Wow, Garrett, that's gorgeous, man! I think I like that one better than the first. Must be that matching ribbon. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
It'd sure be something to see those coming down the street in tandem

Another high-crowned wonder and with a subtly interesting ribbon treatment too! That hat has pretty well everything I love: dramatic proportions, a wide ribbon and a trimmed edge; there's nothing wrong with a wind trolley. I'm not generally inclined toward light colors, but I certainly think that that hat looks well in mojave.

Garrett

kaosharper1 said:
Garret:

How high is the crown unbashed, and the brim width? Is it like a Jazzman in proportions, 6" crown and 2 1/4" brim?

Ed

2 1/2" bound brim

2" ribbon with matching wind trolley

6" open crown - 4" bashed front - 5 1/2" bashed sides

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Garrett, fine hat!

Great minds think alike...now, how is this for co-incidence...

...another dress weight Mojave in similar hue contrasting ribbon.

Art is sure turning out some fine originals these days.

Mine is a 4"-3 1/2"-2".

If Art will allow me to give it a name...Le Cafe Creme Americain (Jaunty-please correct my spelling!)

October2009002-2.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
Garrett, fine hat!

Great minds think alike...now, how is this for co-incidence...

...another dress weight Mojave in similar hue contrasting ribbon.

Art is sure turning out some fine originals these days.

Mine is a 4"-3 1/2"-2".

If Art will allow me to give it a name...Le Cafe Creme Americain (Jaunty-please correct my spelling!)

October2009002-2.jpg

Holy smokes. That is sharp. D, I really have no clue how you settle on which hat to wear, each one from Art is stunning.
This string of tannish hats from Art has me kidda tickled. I really ordered myself a Christmas present for myself at the request of my wife in 'tan'.lol It seems that certain colors come in bunches, not too long ago there were a bunch of Blue Smokes posted.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I never noticed but you are right Bart, they DO seem to come in groups!!! With D' guy it's getting harder & harder to surprise him. Like you, we are already on his next one. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy