Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
With D' guy it's getting harder & harder to surprise him :D

Art, I think the only time you need to worry about that is when I order a second hat in the same color...:) Until then, its business as usual please, Sir! :eek:

October2009005.jpg

colps

One of the Regulars
I will have me a ring of hats please!!!!!!!! great looking hats daizawaguy:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
I never noticed but you are right Bart, they DO seem to come in groups!!! With D' guy it's getting harder & harder to surprise him. Like you, we are already on his next one. :D

Dang Art, I will never catch up if he keeps getting two to my one:eusa_doh:

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Just posted these on `new hats` forum, and realized that it would do justice to the Mojave color for anyone considering it to re-post them here. So, if you don`t mind another shot of the hat for the record...here goes

October2009001-3.jpg

October2009002-5.jpg

animator

One of the Regulars
I've had this hat from Art for over a year now and it instantly became the hat I usually wear. Rain, snow, being crushed... it is holding up great! Just thought I post a couple of pictures from Halloween at the zoo today.

Thanks for the great hat, Art!

HALLOWEEN_HAT_a.jpg

HALLOWEEN_HAT_c.jpg

kaosharper1

One Too Many
animator said:
I've had this hat from Art for over a year now and it instantly became the hat I usually wear. Rain, snow, being crushed... it is holding up great! Just thought I post a couple of pictures from Halloween at the zoo today.

Thanks for the great hat, Art!

What a beaut. Is that a jazzman? Nice crease.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wanted to post the original Capone Borsalino and the one that Art replicated for me for comparison:

BE065337.jpg

capone_narrowweb__300x3550-1.jpg

ef4e7490-1.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

HungaryTom

One Too Many
My VS collection in 2009

VSArtFawcett2009.jpg

1. Chocolate bittersweet/Hoosier variation
2. Alarcon fino - Panama Hatworks of Montecristi blocked by Art
3. Blue Smoke - Pyramid of the moon.
Enjoy. I do enjoy them. Thanks Art.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
KeyGrip said:
I'm considering going all the way back to Tokyo just to see that in person! The mix of tones and textures is just perfect.

Or for alot less than the cost of airfare you could just bite his style and have one of your own.:D But you are absolutely right.....perfection.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I know I`ve had a lot of space on this thread recently, and don`t want to clog up the thread, but if you will allow me to display my last felt for 2009...the powder blue (only second I`ve seen on this thread) open crown with silver-purple ribbon, and three color bow.

November2009010.jpg

HungaryTom

One Too Many
daizawaguy said:
Close up of the ribbon, and incredible detail in the overwelt - an almost `blind` finish...

November2009011.jpg

Beautiful work - you have wearable artworks my friend - these bespoke hats are namely that!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

billysmom

One Too Many
daizawaguy said:
Close up of the ribbon, and incredible detail in the overwelt - an almost `blind` finish...

November2009011.jpg

That's outstanding! I like your crease, too, posted in the other thread.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

kaosharper1

One Too Many
daizawaguy said:
I know I`ve had a lot of space on this thread recently, and don`t want to clog up the thread, but if you will allow me to display my last felt for 2009...the powder blue (only second I`ve seen on this thread) open crown with silver-purple ribbon, and three color bow.

With hats like this feel free to clog away!

m000m000

One of the Regulars
Wow, can you take any close-up photos of the brim work?

The current ones are slightly out-of-focus at the brim edge, and if I didn't know better I'd have thought it was a Cavanagh edged hat from looking at them :eek:.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy