Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Mulceber

Practically Family
avedwards said:
Having looked at a few photos of silverbelly, I conclude that blue smoke is the colour for me. Goes with most things I wear, and in summer I'll just have to hope that the sun is so bright that people will be too blinded to notice the potential clash between blue smoke and my beige jacket.

I heartily agree - blue smoke is an amazing color. -M

kaosharper1

One Too Many
avedwards said:
Having looked at a few photos of silverbelly, I conclude that blue smoke is the colour for me. Goes with most things I wear, and in summer I'll just have to hope that the sun is so bright that people will be too blinded to notice the potential clash between blue smoke and my beige jacket.

You can always have Art put a splash of something in the ribbon to make it a little more compatible with your beige jacket. :)

StylinLA

Familiar Face
avedwards said:
... in summer I'll just have to hope that the sun is so bright that people will be too blinded to notice the potential clash between blue smoke and my beige jacket.

Be an optimist...order a summer hat in spring.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
I know I`ve had a lot of space on this thread recently, and don`t want to clog up the thread, but if you will allow me to display my last felt for 2009...the powder blue (only second I`ve seen on this thread) open crown with silver-purple ribbon, and three color bow.

November2009010.jpg

If you will allow me a final picture for the record on the finished crown, before it gets rained on outside, as I`m determined to wear it out whatever the weather...

November2009002PM.jpg

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Art in Form

Nice hats Men!

Art makes the best hats. (Period)

I think his aesthetics to proportion are the best in the... well , Art of hat making. Vintage hats run the gambit of style in height and width. I personally love the lack of taper in Art's Art. Great work Art!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Not-Bogart13 said:
Now that looks amazing! Hands down, the sweetest stingy I have ever seen! I assume that's the light weight felt, given the brim treatment?

All credit to Art :eusa_clap Art can now do the welted brim on a classic weight! :eusa_clap

Jabos

A-List Customer
November2009002PM.jpg
[/QUOTE]
". . . a high fly ball to right field-it's outta here!!!!" :eusa_clap Daggum D-Guy, you have the most amazing Art collection now, and I think it is because you let Art do his thing. I'm too conservative. Please post a noggin shot.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
daizawaguy said:
If you will allow me a final picture for the record on the finished crown, before it gets rained on outside, as I`m determined to wear it out whatever the weather...

November2009002PM.jpg

D-guy, that is superb! Crease looks great and :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap to Mr. Fawcett for the work on that one, including especially the ribbon.

RobStC

A-List Customer
Well, thanks to Daizawaguy's latest posting (of his stingy with the purple-ish ribbon), I'm now starting to work my way through all the pages on this thread, with the growing anticipation of an order being placed as soon as my hat-buying budget allows..... The more I see, the more I like!

Art, some of those are just amazing.....

Rob St.C

kaosharper1

One Too Many
billysmom said:
That's impressive, Colps! Congratulations!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Now, let's see the details ...

Sue

Yes. We need to see and read the details. How tall is the crown and wide the brim, etc. Thanks!

colps

One of the Regulars
Thanks SUE and MULCEBER,pure natural beaver,crown height 5 3/4,ribbon- chocolate, 24 ligne,brim 2 5/8,brim ribbon-pearl 6 ligne.Well have to take more pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy