Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
duggap said:
Indycop, you need to drive down to Ybor City in Tampa and get yourself a box of the hand rolled cigars they make there. They are worth the price, if they are still there. It has been 20 years since I stopped smoking so I haven't been there lately. That and an Arturo Fawcett and you are in business.:rolleyes:

duggap, funny you should mention Ybor City. My x in laws were from Tampa/St. Pete and Ybor city hand rolled cigars were the highlight of visiting the outlaws :rolleyes: I miss the smokes

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Art Fawcett said:
thank you Rob,
Knowing you for as long as I have, I take that as a genuine compliment.

For those too new to the Lounge to know, Rob was/is one of the Gents that convinced me to join the Lounge many years ago when it was beginning. He had been a client for years, trading partner, and source of many conversations regarding vintage clothing. We spent much time at the clothing shows educating each other with info that we had found and in fact, the Logo that I use on my hatboxes was designed for me by Robert. Although I don't use it on my liners anymore, it has become one of the identifiers associated with my name. I will always be greatful for your contribution Rob ( nope, although I offered, he wouldn't accept payment) and wherever my business leads, you will always be part of whatever success I achieve.

I'm happy to have a part in your success and thank you for such kind and gracious words Art.

=Rob.

duggap

Banned
Indycop, it has been 20 years since I have been there and back then I didn't wear hats, so I don't know of any shops there.

Bud, hope the memories that got jogged were good ones.:)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Four From Fawcett

Here are four hats from Art Fawcett:

The "Forrestor" - Art crafted this hat based on an old Templeform by Stylepark that I have. I love this hat!
1818420407_9f02dd411b.jpg

The "Taos" - one of Art's limited editions.
1819228078_74416ad909.jpg

THe "Rt. 66" - another of Art's limited editions.
1819241020_af4b6b0371.jpg

A sage variant of the Rt. 66
1819237294_ad7f93b3d6.jpg

These are wonderful hats. Even this model can't make a great hat look bad. A real tribute to Art's craftsmanship.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Carter, After this many pictures, I feel like I'm getting to know you. You have great taste in hats, by the way!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

carter

I'll Lock Up
J.T.Marcus said:
Carter, After this many pictures, I feel like I'm getting to know you. You have great taste in hats, by the way!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Art makes great hats! :D

Thanks J.T. I'll go back into my shell anytime now. :)

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
carter said:

The "Forrestor" - Art crafted this hat based on an old Templeform by Stylepark that I have. I love this hat!
1818420407_9f02dd411b.jpg

The "Taos" - one of Art's limited editions.
1819228078_74416ad909.jpg

THe "Rt. 66" - another of Art's limited editions.
1819241020_af4b6b0371.jpg

A sage variant of the Rt. 66
1819237294_ad7f93b3d6.jpg

These are wonderful hats. Even this model can't make a great hat look bad. A real tribute to Art's craftsmanship.
ALL great hats, Carter! Envy, thy name is Mr. Lucky!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
Carter those all look great!! I especially like the 2 route 66 hats!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Any chance of side pics with the pins and bows?!:D

carter

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
Carter those all look great!! I especially like the 2 route 66 hats!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Any chance of side pics with the pins and bows?!:D

I'll take some more pictures and post them later this week.
The grey one has the only Rt. 66 pin that Art had which is pretty cool. :)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Ask and ye shall receive.

indycop said:
HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Just for you, big boy. Just for you. :D

The Route 66 is a post or two earlier.

Maybe you'll get one for your anniversary?
[huh] (I can't find a hint, hint icon!) :D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
Just for you, big boy. Just for you. :D

The Route 66 is a post or two earlier.

Maybe you'll get one for your anniversary?
[huh] (I can't find a hint, hint icon!) :D
I keep telling Deelovely that a Route 66 would be perfect on the Route 66 at the front end (sorry I was Army not Navy) of the Disney ship!!:D :rolleyes:
I also think that would be an awesome meet for loungers, on an actual cruise ,and that ship is styled like the classic cruise ships!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR