Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I want to go to Monteagle so badly. :( But sadly, there is no time to go this year. Or money (I have to save it to order from you, Mr. Fawcett). Maybe I can make it to Monteagle 2011.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Sorry Scott Wood, had to vent a bit :eek: I looked at some pictures of Mr. Fawcett's liners, and a couple had a contrast piping on the top (bottom) of the crown's liner. Anyone have a few more pics? I do like the deep purple liners, in addition.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
fluteplayer07 said:
Sorry Scott Wood, had to vent a bit :eek:
:arated: ;)lol
I looked at some pictures of Mr. Fawcett's liners, and a couple had a contrast piping on the top (bottom) of the crown's liner. Anyone have a few more pics? I do like the deep purple liners, in addition.
My postal address is a general delivery and the local store, one of the three businesses in the village:eek: :rolleyes: , is where I pick up my mail. Starting the day after Art told me he had mailed the conformer I have rushed down for the mail each and every day lol.
Was playing that violin as much for myself:rolleyes:

RBH

Bartender
Art Fawcett said:

I may actually be getting into Tn a day earlier as I want to spend more time at Winchester. Maybe some of you local guys can tell me other things I need to be doing while I'm there privately?

Mike and I will get there Thursday evening, but like last year we should be able to meet for dinner that night.
Where will you be staying? If at the Best Western it should not be hard at all to meet up.
As for Winchester, you are going to really love it, I am sure you know Greg. He is a super guy!!
He made us feel right at home last year!

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Scott Wood said:
p.s.
After I joined and got the lay of the lounge, I saw ScottF and figured it would lessen confusion if I went with my real life nick.
Not that it's a problem but it's likely easier if you just call me "Woody" ;)

Nice to make your acquaintance, Woody! Yes, I am impatient to order my custom. I'm half way there, but I want to save up a bit more before I order so I'm not stressing to pull the rest together in the wait time. By the way, do you (or anyone in general) know about how long it takes from the return of a conformer to a finished Work of Art? (more specifically, how much time I have to magically conjure $155?)

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
With Santa out of the way for 11 months it seems that Art is the most popular man on the planet, at least judging from the recent response to this thread. My hat order got in line about a month ago. I'm guessing you have time Flute.:whistling
Tom D.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
St.Ignatz said:
it seems that Art is the most popular man on the planet, at least judging from the recent response to this thread

Does anyone realise that this thread got close to 1000 views in 24 hours....that dreaded waiting list must be growing...:eek:

But it goes to prove...we have the finest custom hat maker ... and great as a friend here too :)

Viper Man

Banned
daizawaguy said:
Does anyone realise that this thread got close to 1000 views in 24 hours....that dreaded waiting list must be growing...:eek: But it goes to prove...we have the finest custom hat maker as a friend here :clap:

:eusa_clap

Scott Wood

Practically Family
fluteplayer07 said:
Nice to make your acquaintance, Woody! Yes, I am impatient to order my custom. I'm half way there, but I want to save up a bit more before I order so I'm not stressing to pull the rest together in the wait time. By the way, do you (or anyone in general) know about how long it takes from the return of a conformer to a finished Work of Art? (more specifically, how much time I have to magically conjure $155?)
Nice to meet you and all Fluteplayer.
I guess I am about to find out because I am sending the conformer back in this afternoon's post :p
:D

fluteplayer07 said:
For my Work of Art, the conformer reached Art in Mid-June & about July 23, I was sending my balance to Art. YRMV...

Mulceber

Practically Family
I think Gtdean48 and I were ordering around the same time - mine was slightly after his. I'd say about 6 weeks from the return of the conformer to the completion of the hat, although it varies with the time of year. This time of year it's probably slightly less because people's wallets are depleted after Christmas. -M

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
It's not like we're gonna run out of hats while waiting for Mr. Fawcett to send ours out. I've been wearing a few from the back of the stack knowing they won't see much sun for a while when the new one arrives.
Tom D.
edit: back of the stack being Knox, Stetsons, Adam etc. I've just the one VS.....so far.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Knock Knock

The postman arrived today with a surprise...

A little early for Spring, but a reminder to everyone that if you want to be ready in time for Spring this year, now is the time to be ordering your fine Montecristi's...

A very fine diagonal semi-calado with center bash, with an exceptionally fine diagonal box bow from the Master

Jan2010001-2.jpg

I`ve got a feeling I should only show the ribbon-work here now though, and leave the photo of the full hat until Spring time...

Mulceber

Practically Family
daizawaguy said:
The postman arrived today with a surprise...

A little early for Spring, but a reminder to everyone that if you want to be ready in time for Spring this year, now is the time to be ordering your fine Montecristi's...

A very fine diagonal semi-calado with center bash, with an exceptionally fine diagonal box bow from the Master

Jan2010001-2.jpg

I`ve got a feeling I should only show the ribbon-work here now though, and leave the photo of the full hat until Spring time...

I must be telepathic - I was just thinking today that maybe I should order a Montecristi from Art. Maybe I should take this as a sign... -M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred