Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Ooh... I like that. Art - Real quick, I've been meaning to ask for a while, can you do pleated liners like in the old derbys and 30's/40's hats? I just love how that looks.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful hat, Mikey!

I think this whiskey felt is the prettiest felt there is, but it's a bit weird. It seems to change color with the lighting. When I saw JTL's whiskey hat in the outdoor pics he posted, I knew I wanted one. So then I looked at Art's swatches and it didn't seem to be the same color. I called Art and asked if he had changed the color that is supposed to be called whiskey. He said no, that the color of the swatch is what JTL's hat is made from. i thought I was in the Twilight Zone, but all right. I trusted Art and the results speak for themselves. But it seems to change color with indoor lighting or outdoor, and the pic I'm using for my avatar is the same hat with yet again a different flavor, taken at sunset.

IMG_6271.jpg

Mikey P

One of the Regulars
It does seem to change color a bit, depending on the lighting.

For those who asked: crown 5", brim 2.5", head-fat.

Underwelt edge. Or whatever it's called, I forget.

And the crease is all Art, just the way I wanted it.

:D :D :D :D

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks Gents, the green liner is a recent addition to the list and Flute, I'm sorry but I can't do the pleated liner, I don't do them at all, but rather have them made. I will ask the next time I talk to my guy. At some point in the future I'd like to have complimentary liners for most colors...choices are good. ))

HOP UP

Vendor
Well, thanx to Art my Wall Street Fedora in a Natural colour with Chocolate Brown ribbon arrived late last week.

Its a beautiful hat - fits perfectly and is period perfect correct.

I was amazed at the amount of +ve resposnes I received on Sat nite as to its era authenticity.

Fantastic job Art - own't be the last hat I will order thats for sure.:eusa_clap

Thank You !! :D

HOP UP

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
HOP UP said:
Well, thanx to Art my Wall Street Fedora in a Natural colour with Chocolate Brown ribbon arrived late last week.

Its a beautiful hat - fits perfectly and is period perfect correct.

I was amazed at the amount of +ve resposnes I received on Sat nite as to its era authenticity.

Fantastic job Art - own't be the last hat I will order thats for sure.:eusa_clap

Thank You !! :D

HOP UP
Hop Up, since i know so little of historical authenticity, what era is it from? It's a gorgeous hat, and may be my next choice, hence the question.

HOP UP

Vendor
I was shooting for a late 30s-late 40s type look to go with my 1940 DB suit - I think I achieved the look I was after.

Unfortunately, for some reason I can't post up the pix? Even though the file size is way under the limit - it wont allow me to upload any pix?:eek:

Anyone know why?

Anyone ?

HOP UP

Jabos

A-List Customer
Jaunty and Mikey-both beautiful hats. Of course, Jaunty, you always look like a million bucks in your suits and hats!

Have we had a Whiskey Stratoliner clone yet? I may go that way if Art has the ribbon to match. Love the new green liner too!

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
could be your thread count

HOP UP said:
I was shooting for a late 30s-late 40s type look to go with my 1940 DB suit - I think I achieved the look I was after.

Unfortunately, for some reason I can't post up the pix? Even though the file size is way under the limit - it wont allow me to upload any pix?:eek:

Anyone know why?

HOP UP

if not- try and post the link to the photos instead of the imbedded pic itself

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Mikey P said:
Terrible shirt, great hat!!

:D

Apparently the dog likes the smell of beaver. lol
IMG_0792.JPG

What was that about a black or red liner? Add green to the list!
IMG_0799.JPG

Very nice Mikey! Love the color and the green liner just compliments it.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Well done Art!

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24