Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
lol lol

I'm with you. I thought exactly the same thing and have tried a lot of different colors and ribbon designs. I've settled for simple lines and palette.

(1) I did not mean to purposely tease folks. My new hat is dove with charcoal and a blue/green binding. More pics to follow as I have time to post up better pictures. I hope no pants are lost as a result of my rushing to get thru practice, meeting with our accountant, unloading/installing a new beam and vault equipment, completing payroll, hustling staff/wife and I out of the gym during the rain/sleet/ice/snow storm that occurred in Minnesota last evening and thru the evening. My commute home turned into a 2 hour affair.

(2) I concure. The simple designs are catching my eyes more of late. I love the exotic, but have a hard time seeing them getting everyday wear. I am proudly a hat wearer.

More pics will come today, cross my heart, apple pie with whipped cream on top. (Much better saying than the original. ;) The death and eye poking just seems way to extreme.)

Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Don't you just love it when a nice new VS hat arrives at your door - or you wait in line at the bloody post office for 45 minutes as I did today? Never mind the wait, I think the result was well worth it.

For a long time, I've been keeping an eye out for an elusive Stetson model - the Weston:

Screen-Shot-2012-01-29-at-L.png

The Weston is a Whippet with a Mode Edge brim, rather nice looking but I've never seen one other than in this ad.

No worries! Thanks to the nice work of Mr. Fawcett, I now have a hat that is very close to the Weston. Better yet, it is made from Artlite felt (in Dark Moss) and has those little vents in the sides - a hat to keep enjoying as the weather gets warmer. I know that even Art can't come up with a Mode Edge for the brim, but I think his underwelt comes pretty close.

Thanks, Art - I know I'll be enjoying this one!!

D314197-L.jpg

I tried to show the star shape of the vents, but they don't show very well with the dark felt. You'll have to trust me that they are there - even Lucis Art couldn't quite bring out enough detail.

David; That is it! The Weston captured in moss green beaver. That is the total spring and early summer hat sir! I love it. The brim edge, dimmensions, the ribbon and fixin's are exactly as I imagine wearing a fedora. Subtle, classy yet distinctive. Not anything more to say as it really is a special fedora.

Congrats David and Art. Excellent colaboration fellows.

I have a moss green in regular felt and truly love the color, heft and look. The color is very versatile. It certainly is not a green. It is a super green with hints of other colors that works with a typical wardrobe of attire. I imagine that a lighter version would be sublime. I read in old books of proper behavior that a man is not supposed to show the inside of his feodra, but the liner tip is so cool! I would have to find occassions to show the liner tip. Love the liner tip.

Is it a 2.5" brim? Good proportions. David signature center dent? Did the planning for center dent mean asking for more crown height?

David, I look forward to pics of you wearing the hat. I have yet to see a real live actual Stetson Weston other the the magazine advertisement, but this one is a match to the one that is in my minds eye. Congrats David!

Best wishes, Eric -

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Springtime is near...

VS Montecristi Panama 26x28 weave count (700+ to 800 wpsi)

Teardrop with spine line at the crown roof, 13 ligne black ribbon. Brim is 2.5" front and back, 2 3/4" at the sides.

The black grosgrain ribbon has a very interestingly executed border; the "finish" line below the actual border is very distinct.

P1050545.jpg

P1050551.jpg

P1050505.jpg

P1050503.jpg

P1050538.jpg

P1050541.jpg

P1050540.jpg

P1050539.jpg

P1050542.jpg

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Rabbit, what is the crown height on your new Montecristi, at the front and at the sides?

Absolutely beautiful, by the way.

BR

Thanks, BR. The creased height is 4 1/4" - 4 3/4" - 3 1/2" (front - sides - back). It has the same crown dimensions as most of my VS felt hats, which are 5.5" OC. That makes it a fairly tall Panama hat, which is what I was looking for.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Springtime is near...

VS Montecristi Panama 26x28 weave count (700+ to 800 wpsi)

Teardrop with spine line at the crown roof, 13 ligne black ribbon. Brim is 2.5" front and back, 2 3/4" at the sides.

The black grosgrain ribbon has a very interestingly executed border; the "finish" line below the actual border is very distinct.

P1050540.jpg

I'm drooling, Rabbit!!! My word, that's a fantastic hat. The weave is gorgeous and as always, Art did a fantastic job on the blocking. Now I have to buy one! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
My newest milan from Art.
This weather keeps up and I soon will wear it!

044km.jpg

SPECTACULAR, Rusty!!! I love the pearl ribbon against the tan milan. Perfect combo! Fantastic crown shape and block as well. Lets see some head shots! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful! RBH,which color variety of the Milan is this? It looks very light in the pics (so far, I've seen only the golden and the brown variety).

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Very nice indeed. Understated yet distinguished..... :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thanks, Rob. I'm very pleased with this one.

Awesome VS Dark Moss, David! Simple and elegant.
The kind of design that will stand the test of time! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers Rabitt! I really like the simple but stylish hats that Art makes. I think the simplicity is a big part of their charm

David; That is it!

Thank you Eric, the hat that arrived from Art was exactly what I had been picturing in my mind.

The crown is 5 3/4 and the brim is indeed 2 1/2. I'd love to be able to get one in the same Bluegrass colour as my Whippet some day.

Rabbit - stunning Monti!

Rusty - the milan is beautiful. All it needs now is one of these little DC3 pins :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR