Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

gqmagic

One of the Regulars
I guess Art's Milan should go here as well:D

cd382ab2.jpg

d09222ed.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
gq, congrats on the Semicalado! The weave pattern is awesome - just the kind of pattern I'm looking for, too. :D

clossonrr

New in Town
So... I finally took the plunge, In hindsight I wish I would have done it from the very beginning, I wish I would have went big and not messed with these production hats at all. I picked up from the post office my first VS hat from Art today. Ive read all the hype, I've seen all the pictures of other happy customers hats, I KNEW I was getting the best, and yet when I picked the hat up out of the hat box I found myself Still Completely BLOWN AWAY! I don't see how a hat can get any better, Art is the master... Here are some pics, a couple of it on my ugly mug...

Diamond creased by art
Hat and hat band are both Granite color
brim is 2 1/4''
4.25'' at front crease
4.5'' at highest point
3.5'' at the back
artfawcett4.jpg

artfawcett3.jpg

artfawcett2.jpg

artfawcett1.jpg

artfawcett5.jpg

artfawcett6.jpg

Mitral

New in Town
Outstanding cover Clossonrr! I just sent my conformer back but my lack of patience found me purchasing a Fed IV. I'm sure the VS will be worth the wait. I agree that the images look more brown. i'm looking at my granite felt sample and see 2 completely different colors. Darn computer monitors!
Enjoy.....

clossonrr

New in Town
Thanks everybody so much! I am in love!

@Mitral: I did a lot of research on the granite color before I decided on it. Sometimes it looks brown/tan other times it looks grey. It was so unclear to me what the "true" color was, I was worried what was to come, but now that I have it in person I must say it is a MAGNIFICENT color and very versatile.

@ JohnnyJ: I have been so dang excited since i recieved it today I did not even notice there were no side pinches!

@Art: No Sir THANK YOU! :)

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Very nice clossonrr - Art has made a super hat for you.

You are right about the granite felt. I have an Adventurebilt hat made from this same felt and the colour changes a great deal depending on the light. It is a pretty warm grey so it does look like a light brown in some conditions.

I hope you enjoy you new VS for many years to come!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
clossonrr
Very Nice Work by Art !
Looks Sharp from all Angel's & Ribbon & Feathers are Excellent.
Thanks For Posting Pics
che

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit