Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
VS Virgin for now but it won't be long...........

P1000666.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Josh; Way to go. The blue felt has a gorgeous contrast with the straw crown. The puffier bow, ala 1920's, and high crown are you! The Dualist has allowed the owners of the finished hats to showcase their presonalities and styles. I would have never imagined alll of the great individual styles. Josh, the felt hats you have shown in your pics showcase the same style as the Dualist you and Art colaborated on. It is you! The hat is clean, stylish and very manly. Nice stuff.

JBuklin; Oh yes! The artlite hats are just choice. The green is one of my all time fav colors. I get tons of wear out of my felt. Now inspired by you and David I have a hankering for a light weight. Wear that hat knowing that it is classicly sharp! As David said - wlecome to the Weston club. I love my silvermist artlite Weston.

You have quite a collection of fine hats JBuklin. Congrats!

SpeedRcrx; I admire your courage to change the brim. It worked - cheers!

Hulk; Cherry - wow, good choice. Will you collaborate on another unique ribbon or proportion with Art? Your other hat is spectacularly individualistic. It looked good on your head in pics.

Last edited:

hulkamad

Familiar Face
Hulk; Cherry - wow, good choice. Will you collaborate on another unique ribbon or proportion with Art? Your other hat is spectacularly individualistic. It looked good on your head in pics.

Hey SBG, you mean the hat I named the Winterfell?
IMG_5193.jpg

I've toyed with the brightness on these two pics. (I was running out of light quick!) It's color accurate enough for me.
IMG_5199A.jpg

Hmm..., My beard fell off near the end of winter.
IMG_5200A.jpg

Thank you for the kind words, SBG. I love the fact that it is completely unique too! I can honestly I don't know what my next ribbon treatment will be. Combing through this thread, I've found 2 or 3 that are something close to what I'd like, just slightly different. That's another way of saying it's all up in the air. Color me undecided. I'm going to have to heavily rely on Art's expertise. Waiting in the que has me giddy with excitement of the possibilities! All I really know is I want it in Black Cherry. I'm sure that whatever ribbon treatment it ends up having will be great.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
What shoes are these?

Ready-to-wear, no-name small business. A local Italian retailer works with family-run small businesses in Italy to produce slightly modified new models in low runs every season. They're not expensive, but well-made; most are €185. Among the best value I've found in RTW. Wish I had more sources like this one.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
VS Executive

Good evening VS folks. I would like to take a quick moment and share with you my new VS Executive. I am heading to the airport in a moment for San Jose, CA and US Olympic Trials. Busy, busy, busy. The pics are not artful or composed as I am short time and need to finish packing, print boarding passes, say my goodbye's, and head out. I will work up some better shots (lighting and better composed) this coming Sunday when I get back.

IMG1876-L.jpg

I had asked Art Fawcett to create a VS, originating some of the special features that I enjoy in my 1950's Adam Executives (specifically the Pacesetter model). The name - Executive was an earlier Adam name (http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?18380-ADAM-ALLEY/page9&highlight=adam+hats, post #85) .The number of gills in the Adam Pacesetter fedoras varied in a given model. (I included a pic of the VS with 3 of the Adam hats below for your confirmation. Other pics of the Adam Pacesetter here - http://shortbaldingguy.smugmug.com/Other/Fedora-Lounge/i-dQDcRNj/0/M/IMG7759-M.jpg .) My request was to utilize a blue-smoke felt as it would be a color that I would be able to coordinate with my attire when I head off to London, England this August. I will be dressing as a supportive fan of USA Olympians. I am thinking that Blue would be a color I would wear.;)

IMG1874-L.jpg

I love the outcome that evolved from my request inspired by my beloved Executives. The configuration is spot on. I can wear my Adam hats, but the possibility of having a marquee beaver felt, custom fit in a premium color shade was the impetus of asking Mr.Fawcett to take on this commision.

IMG1887-M.jpg

Of course the interior is just so cool. Blue smoke with a purple liner and dark brown leather headband.

It is the gestalt that makes this hat so appealing. Proud to be a customer of VS Hats. Everyone needs at least 1 Art Fawcett creation.:D

Thanks for taking a look folks. More to come. Eric -

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Congrats Eric, great looking VS and your Adams look pristine as well. Hat envy. I'm suffering the hard part, waiting, for my first VS and my turn on Art's block.

Bon Voyage!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Congrats to your latest addition to the growing number of VSs, Eric!
A wise choice for the felt color. :cool:
Art does the shark's gill bows so very well... one of these days, I'll have to ask him to do one for me. :)

seabass

Call Me a Cab
WOW ERIC !
Thank You for Sharing the Scoop on your VS Executive.
Especially so due to your busy schedule,,, Best of Luck in San Jose & Im looking forward to more pics of the Hat on your return !!!!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
I agree! And for the moment thats all that my wife will let me have, 1 VS. Hopefully in the near future things will change. :)
Johnny J
My wife met Art & She is really cool with me even thinking about another hat by him....She saw the great conversation we enjoyed & she Loves his hats.....
I am Blessed....& guess what" another Art Hat arriving tomorrow......
But your doing the right thing, Family First than Hat...& things will change sooner than you know it !

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
IMG1874-L.jpg

Eric great work of Art.:) Art can really get those details right. What I love is even on the ribbon binding the back seam of the binding is perfectly done. A copy of your favorite vintage hat in a color that you need for your wardrobe is great. :eusa_clap

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
VS Blue Smoke w/ 17 L black

Celebrating the Blue Smoke felt - today with french navy linen jacket and grey woolen trousers.
The Blue Smoke w/ 17 L black ribbon and thin underwelt was my first VS; by now it features a tight front pinch.

2012-06-21_VS-BlueSmoke-w-17black_frenchnavylinen1.jpg

2012-06-21_VS-BlueSmoke-w-17black_frenchnavylinen3.jpg

2012-06-21_VS-BlueSmoke-w-17black_frenchnavylinen7.jpg

2012-06-21_VS-BlueSmoke-w-17black_greywoolen-greybresciani.jpg

GMS

New in Town
I do a lot more browsing on this forum than posting, and just had to say that this is one of my favorite threads to follow!

I am finally going to take the initiative to narrow down a few color and style choices and get my very first VS going in the near future. Amazing hats some of you gents have!

...and Mr. Fawcett, you are certainly a skilled hatter!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael