Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

seabass

Call Me a Cab
rlk,
A beautiful post !

Here is a teaser pic of another Fruit Topping.
VS Black Cherry
232323232%7Ffp543%3A5%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B969%3C37934%3Bnu0mrj
:cool:
More pics soon !
Gracias Art !
:) che

Last edited:

Mulceber

Practically Family
Got your deposit Aaron, thanks, the package will go out today.
Mulcebar, I'm in a weird spot with your question. The bodies I use are the best quality available and certainly make a good hat but you are asking me to compare a Rolls Royce to a Chevy and as far as "hand" they don't line up. I can get a good finish on Joey but it's never going to feel as good as Century, which doesn't feel as good as Legacy.

Ah, ok, gotcha. I'll probably stick with century - you've got me spoiled. ;)

Love the thin ribbon, seabass. Man, Art, I hope you can get that same black cherry lite again...I love this color so much, I may someday have to get another one (in a different style). -M

jrbobbyh

New in Town
I have been steadily making my way through this thread, and only halfway there.
But the effect was overwhelming: I called Art, made a deposit, and have the conformer on the way. Eager to see the beaver felt swatches. All I know is that I want some grey tone, but really not sure which. My only felt hat is a black Temple.
Most of my clothes/sport coats are black, some navy and greens. Button down dress shirts.
How blue is the blue smoke? Other suggestions?

Mulceber

Practically Family
My first hat from Art was blue smoke and it's a lovely color. It probably wouldn't be that great with green, but the black and navy would be great with it. It's blue enough that it will look really nice with a blue or navy blue t-shirt, but it's still fundamentally a gray color. I wouldn't change it at all.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Looks delicious, Che.

Life is just a bowl of cherries

[video=youtube;mc6RS9e3Dhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc6RS9e3Dhw[/video]

jrbobbyh

New in Town
I am traveling right now and won't be home to get the package from Art. Talking with my wife, I asked her to keep an eye out for a package from Oregon. When she asked what it was, I started by saying it was a "Conformer"' whereupon she interrupted to say:
"Honey, I hope they have a money-back guarantee, because I am not sure that would work on someone like you..."

KNezz

New in Town
pw028.jpg

pw029.jpg

This beauty was waiting at my office when I returned today. I love the soft furry felt, and even though it's a lighter color I think could be worn in winter. Fits like a glove. Thank you Art!!!!
It's a Gatemouth hat with the Honey Boy color combo.

Please excuse my novice question:

What seasons would a hat with this texture be worn? I would think fall and winter only (aside from the color)? I would think the texture is a bit strong for spring and summer.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I am traveling right now and won't be home to get the package from Art. Talking with my wife, I asked her to keep an eye out for a package from Oregon. When she asked what it was, I started by saying it was a "Conformer"' whereupon she interrupted to say:
"Honey, I hope they have a money-back guarantee, because I am not sure that would work on someone like you..."

OH WOW! I Like your wife! That is a great line!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Please excuse my novice question:

What seasons would a hat with this texture be worn? I would think fall and winter only (aside from the color)? I would think the texture is a bit strong for spring and summer.

You're absolutely right. Fall/ winter is the season when rougher textures are at their best - a raised hair finish or a long hair finish worn with tweed or flannel is particularly stunning.
On a practical side, the raised hair surface is much more of a pleasure to handle when the temps are low.
Successful pairings depend on the surroundings as well, of course. In rougher environments, a raised hair probably doesn't look entirely out of place during the warmer months.

Welcome to the Lounge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo