Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Nice there's still personal choice in Serbia Jockos but agree with Ed, keep that VS in one piece. Think this proves your a daredevil ;)

emigran

Practically Family
Well said boys... I have only one completed VS with my second nearly finished... I can't even describe how fine and thorough Art's consideration and attention has been for me during the process. Keep up the fantastic work Mr. Fawcettt...
Signed: A Huge Fan...

Orangegrad

Practically Family
My VS Wanderer arrived a week or so ago. While talking with Art about the Wanderer, we also discussed his fedora the Anasazi, and my love for things Southwest. So I guess it was no surprise that within a few days of my Wanderer's arrival I ordered an Anasazi.

And then came the Black Cherry.

So now I have an Anasazi and a Black Cherry on order.

I'm finding VS fedoras to be extremely difficult to resist.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I'm finding VS fedoras to be extremely difficult to resist.

So do I, Sir. Unfortunately my bank is doing a "heroic" job to help me overcome my weak nature [huh]

After some troubled years, I see a light at the end of the tunnel - and with a little luck, this time it's not a stampeding freight train :)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Then I suggest, we all delete our posts about this subject completely. I have done so with mine - and will do so with this one in a little while. Let's get back to the good and gentlemanlike tone and atmosphere. Peace! :)

Thank you Ole, I will also delete after finishing this post. I'm afraid I don't know what has been said in the last 10 hours because of the deletions but I hope the discourse was "Gentlemanly" and trust that there are no lasting feelings. The Prof and I are working it out as I would anyone and would caution that the first hat made for any client is a collaboration of effort that in a very high degree of cases works fine. Once in a while it does not and since I don't get to measure my clients ( except at trunk shows) sometimes the hat needs to be "tweaked". This is the case here and I'm confident I can make almost everyone happy.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I believe the medical terminology is labeled FAD ( Fedora Acquisition Disorder)... unfortunately there is no cure currently available...:D

Not completely true! Some rehab-programmes actually do exist:

EoZdovC.jpg

- not really sure about the results, though lol

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Jeez! Need to get this thread back on track so here's an old pix of my Anasazi to remind me the sun does shine up here occasionally.

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Jeez! Need to get this thread back on track so here's an old pix of my Anastazi to remind me the sun does shine up here occasionally.

Mike - thanks for the photo of the Anasazi. I have one on order, along with a Black Cherry. I was wondering what it looks like other than the photo on Art's site. Yep, I'm going to like it just fine. If it arrives before my wife's and my December trip to New Mexico, it will be right at home among the Pueblo sites we'll be visiting.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Mike: Colors and ribbon work are outstanding - not to mention the rake of that crown! :eusa_clap

Thanks Ole, the colors are fairly accurate except for the gray ribbon. It's a bit more green like the very back of it hints at.

Mike - thanks for the photo of the Anasazi. I have one on order, along with a Black Cherry. I was wondering what it looks like other than the photo on Art's site. Yep, I'm going to like it just fine. If it arrives before my wife's and my December trip to New Mexico, it will be right at home among the Pueblo sites we'll be visiting.

I can see where you see the Southwest theme in it Andy although I see more of an Art Deco theme. Eye of the beholder. Here's another shot:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Hi Mike - it's a stunning hat. Thanks for the photo.

I'm not sure of Art's intent, but the Anasazi were the forbears of the Pueblo Native American tribes of Eastern Arizona and much of New Mexico. It was my assumption that Art chose that hatband to echo the artisinal designs of the area. Also, the geometric lines can be seen in some renditions of the Kachina cult. Again, not sure if this is what Art had in mind, but it's at least my interpretation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner