Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
lc1484 said:
Alucard,

very nice!!!:eusa_clap

what color is that ribbon?

Larry
I don't know exactly what color the ribbon is, burgandy? It depends on the light. It is nice though. Maybe Art knows.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Alucard73 said:
The brim is a bit stingier than I am used to but I like it a lot.

Welcome to the Art Stingy club:) Nice to see my stingies have some new companions! A very nice hat indeed.

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
Thanks Daizawaguy, this hat is really nice. I was really nervous about getting such a stingy brim...especially after waiting so long. I am really happy with it. :D

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
Sorry guys, I'm having trouble figuring out how to get pics to post instead of direct links . Here are some links of my 1st VS. I'm anticipating my 2nd to arrive very soon. It is mojave with a reddish brown band, 1 1/2 inches. 2 1/2 - 2 5/8 dimensional brim and my own bash.

http://s588.photobucket.com/albums/ss327/warmentrout/?action=view&current=0210092229.jpg

http://s588.photobucket.com/albums/ss327/warmentrout/?action=view&current=0210092229a.jpg

http://s588.photobucket.com/albums/ss327/warmentrout/?action=view&current=0210092230.jpg

http://s588.photobucket.com/albums/ss327/warmentrout/?action=view&current=0210092230a.jpg

univibe88

One Too Many
On photobucket you will see a section that says "Share this image." Under that section there is lines that say "email & IM / direct link / HTML code / IMG code."

Just copy and paste the line of code next to "IMG code."

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
Ahhh !!! Success !!!

univibe88 said:
On photobucket you will see a section that says "Share this image." Under that section there is lines that say "email & IM / direct link / HTML code / IMG code."

Just copy and paste the line of code next to "IMG code."

Thanks ! The above mentioned mojave in pics.

0210092229.jpg

0210092229a.jpg

0210092230.jpg

0210092230a.jpg

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
By request from the general Hats Forum

I got a request in the Hats Forum to post this one here. It was intended to be a copy of a hat worn by William Powell in "The Kennel Club Murders". Powell is better known for "The Thin Man" series.

knell-philo-hat.jpg

1911 Man

A-List Customer
Great hats gents, I especially like that color ribbon with the mojave felt, Warmentrout.

KN, yours looks very distinguished and very good on you.

I don't think I have seen a bad looking VS on this forum. There are some that wouldn't necessarily look good on me, but they do look good. I am already contemplating my next, and possibly another after that.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Warmentrout-that is one georgous hat. I had seen one similar on here with a medium light blue ribbon that was also beautiful, but I think yours is a step ahead.

KN, do you have a pic of the original from the movie? I searched but could not find a movie still that clearly showed that hat. I think we should have a movie clone hat club. Both you and Alucard could be its founding members.

mungo_sd

New in Town
my first AF fedora , first any beaver fedora

I wore a Stetson Chatham for a year to be sure I really wanted to make the plunge. Then I read all the sites about the best hatters. Art has the best combination of material, price, design, timing, fit.

The Chatham fit my face very well and I said I wanted one like that. No problem.

The conformer and a measuring tape got the remaining info.

Hat shows up in 6 weeks as he said. It looks gorgeous in steel. Minor problem, it wasn't blocked like a Chatham. Looked like a bowler. Now some of you guys like to bash your hats to custom fit, I don't. I called Art & he said he can just run his fingers on the fur & pinch holds. I don't have that knack.

Fortunately at a local Boot Barn western clothing store in San Diego one person can reblock hats. She had blocked & starched my old Chatham after I wore it in the rain. She blocked the beaver & lightly starched the crown. I love it ! They sell lots of western hats at this store & everyone was impressed with the look & feel of beaver.

She told me she could make a fedora from any of the felt cowboy hats. They would be very stiff however.

If I didn't know this hatter, I probably would have sent it back to Art for shaping.

I do have a few minor issues. Art stamped my initials in the band, but only 2 of them. 3 would look better. Even better than that would be having my name in gold letters too. I may have the liner removed & my name added.

Finally the ribbon. Art & I didn't discuss that. This one is same steel color as the hat, single bow, 1'. Maybe I'll make that black, 1 1/2 inch, double bow.

But I am extremely pleased with Art's creation. This is a winter hat for San Diego, the rest of the year I'll wear my Borsalino Panama.

I'll post a pic as soon as.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
My head is in the clouds!

The "stratosphere" to be exact, with my new Stratoliner inspired VS custom. Thank you, Art, for giving life to my dream!
This hat has a 2 1/2" brim and the color is silver mist. I'm wearing it today for the first time.
Picture074-1.jpg

Picture075.jpg

Picture076-2.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Picture078.jpg

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
1911 Man said:
Great hats gents, I especially like that color ribbon with the mojave felt, Warmentrout.

KN, yours looks very distinguished and very good on you.

I don't think I have seen a bad looking VS on this forum. There are some that wouldn't necessarily look good on me, but they do look good. I am already contemplating my next, and possibly another after that.

I sent Art an email saying what I wanted the hat to go with ( wardrobe ) he picked the ribbon color. I love it !

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Jauntyone. Absolutely wonderful. Seems that we don't see many thin ribbons from Art, but that is an amazing example. The color is wonderful. You have really got me wondering if I could tolerate being in the doghouse for ordering another from Art.lol

carter

I'll Lock Up
handlebar bart said:
Jauntyone. Absolutely wonderful. Seems that we don't see many thin ribbons from Art, but that is an amazing example. The color is wonderful. You have really got me wondering if I could tolerate being in the doghouse for ordering another from Art.lol
:arated:
Jauntyone, That is a real beauty.
Kilo November, I love that hat!
Warmentrout, Fabulous!

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Alucard, KiloNovember, Warmentrout, Jauntyone,

Beautiful hats!

Jauntyone - the next VS hat should be either a light smoke blue or a dark silvermist. Hey, you seem to like the light blue-greys: Me too!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails