Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Mickey D

One of the Regulars
Wow, can't wait to see the spring preview.

Just a thought, I've seen a few ribbon bows with a rear slanted diagonal bow, and they look real nice. Has anyone thought about a forward canted diagonal bow on a rear sloping bash (high front)? Seems this would give more of an illusion of speed. The '37 and '38 Chevrolet had this forward sloped speed-line on the doors to provide the look of forward movement.
Comments/thoughts?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
fluteplayer07 said:
NO! Let us see!

Well, ok then! We don`t want to give HandleBarbart sleepless nights do we now!

Jan2010002-1.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
Well, ok then! We don`t want to give HandleBarbart sleepless nights do we now!

Jan2010002-1.jpg

Like a picture of this stunner is going to help with this. lol D-guy, you have the most amazing collection of VSs.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
:arated:

I agree with Bart...your VS collection is amazing, D-guy. I was just thinking this morning of surfing this thread for images of some of your short-brimmed fedoras...I'm thinking a 2" brim camel fedora may be my next Art request. But then you publish this beautiful hat, and I'm wondering whether I should be preparing for summer, instead...

Thanks for posting!

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Duper said:
jazzncocktails, that is a great ensemble. I wish I had your weather so I could wear one of my fedoras today. Can I ask what the brim size is on the VS beauty?
Hi Duper,
The brim is 2 5/8"...crown is 5 1/2", if I recall correctly.

Thanks for the compliments on the pic, all...the Griffith Observatory is a great place to visit for the Art Deco design if you're in the LA area...a fedora fits right in.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Here's mine (let me join in on the party!):

DancingattheSpeigaltent.jpg

Hi Art, and all you Vintage Silhouette fiends! I dug up this photo from a coupla years back. It shows my VS being worn and enjoyed at a 1940s event. Hope business is good Art, I look forward to my next one.

:eusa_clap

This lid might be in need of a tune up by now!

Topdog

Familiar Face
fluteplayer07 said:
Nice to make your acquaintance, Woody! Yes, I am impatient to order my custom. I'm half way there, but I want to save up a bit more before I order so I'm not stressing to pull the rest together in the wait time. By the way, do you (or anyone in general) know about how long it takes from the return of a conformer to a finished Work of Art? (more specifically, how much time I have to magically conjure $155?)

Don't forget the shipping. The delivered price is somewhat higher that $305, but worth every penny.

NeilA

Familiar Face
Talk about an amazing thread, I finaly read through it all, and I must say I experianced a few instances of envy. ;) I can't wait till I can order my custom. I guess I just need to start thinking about what I want in it, and I'm sure I'll draw alot of inspiration from this thread. What a great bunch of lids.

YETI

A-List Customer
Nice Lid But...

Mr. 'H' said:
Here's mine (let me join in on the party!):

DancingattheSpeigaltent.jpg

Hi Art, and all you Vintage Silhouette fiends! I dug up this photo from a coupla years back. It shows my VS being worn and enjoyed at a 1940s event. Hope business is good Art, I look forward to my next one.

:eusa_clap

This lid might be in need of a tune up by now!
I couldn't help noticing the Cutter Cravat.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I'm placing my order this week!

Finally, I'm going to take the plunge. I wanted a color that is dressy, but not black or grey, I think. After perusing this thread the last few days, I think I've changed my mind on the prior black/dark green combo I was considering earlier. So any suggestions for a color? Something outside the box, but not too assertive? I'm just too excited just to wait for the swatches. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
flute

kaosharper1

One Too Many
fluteplayer07 said:
Finally, I'm going to take the plunge. I wanted a color that is dressy, but not black or grey, I think. After perusing this thread the last few days, I think I've changed my mind on the prior black/dark green combo I was considering earlier. So any suggestions for a color? Something outside the box, but not too assertive? I'm just too excited just to wait for the swatches. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
flute
I have a blue smoke with a navy band that's very dressy but you can't beat grey for versatility especially granite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy