Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art surprises

animator

One of the Regulars
I really liked the Bogart style of hat some people had gotten from Gus Miller, so for my second fedora I asked Art if he could make me a hat in that sort of a style. I especially liked the brim treatment, I think they call it a welt ...that looks finished but not too formal to me. I know some other people have different opinions on brims.

I picked it up today and was a bit suprised because it was an Art"lite" and I had expected it to be dress weight. I held and looked at it for a second and realized this is the greatest hat I have ever seen! I love this hat! The hat is on the brown side, the last two pictures best represent for color.

BOGART_a.jpg

BOGART_b.jpg

BOGART_edge.jpg

BOGART_bottom.jpg

I was nervous about a light weight felt hat. I thought the felt might be too flimsy ...but this felt is super soft, dense and sturdy feeling and the hat is almost weightless. It is perfect for a guy like me living in Georgia. I have been boiling in my dress weight hat lately. I would highly recommend Art"lite"s now that I've held one.

This hat looks to me like it has a sole. I couldn't be more thrilled! I love the edge, the ribbon, the bow, the color, the sweat band, -the crown height and proportions are perfect! I don't know if it is possible for me to like a hat more than this, but I can't wait to give Art another chance to top himself.

Thank you, Art! Wow!

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
:eusa_clap

Congratulations! Art always delivers with style. And you're exactly right about the light weight felt. It is definitely the way to go down here in Dixie. Art's getting it in more colors, too.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
My jaw drops open...

I got my first hat from Art (also a featherweight) last July and have been very pleased with it. Actually, when I finally am willing to dish out the cash for another one of Art's hats, I'm going to get either a Whippet style or Bogie style.

The hat you show above there is perfectly gorgeous! Makes me more tempted to just go ahead and treat myself to my second VS hat (aren't they like pets? You should always get at least two so they can get each other company when they aren't being worn?). Wear that hat and enjoy it! :fedora:

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Art, that is one of the finest welts I have seen. Fantastic! It helps that the felt is thin, as so many welts just look clunky due to the thickness of the felt. Not this one.:eusa_clap

Animator, you've got a great hat.

Brad

indycop

I'll Lock Up
animator said:
This hat looks to me like it has a sole. I couldn't be more thrilled! I love the edge, the ribbon, the bow, the color, the sweat band, -the crown height and proportions are perfect! I don't know if it is possible for me to like a hat more than this, but I can't wait to give Art another chance to top himself.

Thank you, Art! Wow!
And so begins the addiction!lol lol lol
Awesome hat!! It is hard to imagine what the lightweight must feel like since the dress weight seems so light itself.:D

Big Man

That is a great looking hat. For potential future reference in getting another hat, what is the name of that felt color?

animator

One of the Regulars
Big Man -hopefully Art will chime in with the colors, I can't remember. He would send you felt samples. This color is great in person.

Indycop -Art's dress hats are really light and easy to wear, so I didn't think I needed a lighter hat, but having seen one now I can understand how much better the ventilation will be and how much more of the year this will be comfortable to have on. When I got the email telling me the hat was on its way, I thought I wasn't going to be able to enjoy it until fall, but this will be good all spring! A mix of dress and light weight hats would be great.

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys. I know everyone has their personal version of an ideal looking hat and I was just kind of shocked to pull mine out of a box today. I don't mean to sound like I'm overdoing it.

feltfan

Very nice. Did Art throw in that $1000 Aeron chair, too?
What a guy.

When do we see it off the chair and on your sweatin' brain pan?

That felt is good stuff. Hm...

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
That is a great hat, I love the color. I dont think it will be long before I have one of Art's hats, I've never seen one yet that isnt really striking.

animator

One of the Regulars
Hey feltfan -that hat is for the chair ...Art is making another one in my size.

Since we are talking chairs. Aerons are great, that is what we have at work, but at home I have an Allsteel #19 chair that I like even more! And it is made in my home state of Iowa! My two cents in case anyone is in the chair market.

I'll post pictures wearing the hat on Monday.

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
Whoa. Animator, that is a heck of a hat. I'm not a welted edge fan, and that really gave me pause.

Did the Art actually punch your initials into the perforated sweatband, Animator? Nice touch!

ideaguy

One Too Many
Feltfan- great eyes on the Aeron chair;

Animator: Allsteel? could you please PM me about the chair-your review, costs, where to contact, etc.

And by the way COOL HAT!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

thanks

HungaryTom

One Too Many
...and amazes! His hats are one reason why I stay all the time at this board!

Art always produces some exquisite pieces for display - and it never gets schematic.

That is the best part about him and his hats.

Thank you for sharing the pictures -good choice.

Tom

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Very nice! I think that's the first welt I've seen by Art.
As for the felt... if you think it's soft now, get caught in a serious rainstorm! Mine feels as floppy as a dishtowel, but somehow holds it's shape just fine. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy