Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ArtLight at Midnight

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
That's a beauty....Looks GREAT!!! Congrats!!!

Wish I could afford one of Art's masterpieces.....Perhaps one day, until then, I can drool over pictures!!! LOL!!! :eusa_clap

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I love the color combination of the hat and the ribbon--really sharp. You must be turning heads the way you look in this one!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you Thank you

so much for the kind words Gents. Tony is one of those clients that you just KNOW you have to get it right because his hat experience is such that he has fealt & worn the best the past has to offer. Much like Douglas, TonyB, Hatflick, Feltfan, Analogist, WEEGEE, Marc Chevalier, I consider Tony of T a "test" client. If I can please him, well, you know the rest.

Edward

Bartender
It's a beautiful hat. I'm really loving midnight blue - I wish it was more widely available on hats in general! I like the idea of a lite felt too, for warmer weather wear. How durable is it compared to regular felt?

Enjoy the hat, Tony, it looks superb.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you Edward & Samsa,
Edward, I wish I had more info to be able to tell you definitively that the lightweights are as durable as regular weight, but the truth is that I haven't had them "out there" more than a few months so in all honesty, I can't say. My suspicion is that they are just as durable because the density of the felt is incredible and the working properties of them is the same as dress weight ( with limitations ie: I have to be more careful in pouncing). I can also point out that Borsalino has been making featherweights for over 60 yrs with good success so my personal outlook is one of faith.

Edward

Bartender
Makes sense. Maybe next year when I'm a bit flusher I might think about a lightweight fedora or two for the warmer weather. I do love a panama in the summer, but it's not always suitable (thinking about rainy days, especially).

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's very light in weight, but it doesn't feel flimsy at all. I think with proper care it'll last a lifetime.

I've been wearing it often over the past few days, and the color combination looks better and better to me every day. This may become my signature hat!

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Mid-fogey said:
...you dudes are going to cost me money!
It's all for a good cause; "the keep Art's business profitable so that he'll be able to continue to make these great lids for us-fund". I've contributed twice to the fund and have my own Artlight on order right now. Oh, the agony of anticipation!:) .

I love the color and the diamond crease on your hat Tony. I was watching "The Champion" (1949) with Kirk Douglas yesterday and there were several hats that look just like your new Artlight. Terrific!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, I don;t know how I missed this thread these last couple of days, but i'm knocked out by this astounding fedora. The dimensions, the colour - just beautiful!

fatwoul

Practically Family
Benny Holiday said:
Well, I don;t know how I missed this thread these last couple of days, but i'm knocked out by this astounding fedora. The dimensions, the colour - just beautiful!

I know how you feel Benny - I even visited this thread, and I was sure I had posted already, but a quick scan looks like I never did.

That makes sense, though, because there really are no words I can find to accurately convey how wonderful I think this creation is. Somehow, Art has found a way to surpass himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles