Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ArtLight at Midnight

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's here! Art Fawcett's new "Tropic-Aire" design finally pushed me over the edge into ordering my very first custom hat. As some of you know, I gave Art free rein in the choice of crown height, brim width and even the color scheme, as I have complete confidence in his taste.

I did ask that it not be a color of which I already had a dozen examples. That caused a bit of consternation as the selection of colors in the lightweight felt hat bodies was somewhat limited. Then Art e-mailed me and said he had a new color just in from his supplier, and without asking what it was (I wanted it to be a surprise) I went for it. Art warned me that what he had in plan was "Less than conservative." Well, sign me up!

Here is the result. It's a very deep midnight blue, so deep that I thought it was black when I opened the box. The ribbon is a wonderful maroon, which makes for a snazzy combination I just couldn't find in vintage. That was my motivation, as I own many fine vintage hats but wanted one with something extra.

Art also gave it a superb diamond bash that I'm shamelessly going to copy on some of my other hats.

Here it is, with the usual apologies for the lack of accuracy in color reproduction. Click the smaller thumbnails for the larger picture.

ArtFawcettMidnight02.jpg

Finally my own initials punched into a sweatband! (My middle name is Anthony, I've gone by "Tony" all my life)

duggap

Banned
Way to go Tony and Art. I know I love my ultra light in natural so much I am ordering another in October in color. I think you may have just found your next favorite hat. Looks great Tony.:)

DOUGLAS

Well, I guess I know what color I will be getting next. Congrats Tony the hat looks great and I bet it feels damn nice too. You are really going to enjoy this hat.

Newteh

New in Town
Very nice hat!

Now it's time for a newbie question here.

What is Art?

Short for Adventurebuilt?

Please enlighten me :)

Regards,

Newton

duggap

Banned
Newteh, Art is for Art Fawcett, one of the worlds best hatters. You should visit his site and as you hear from everyone here, you may want to start saving your money and order your custom hat from our own Art.

AlanC

Very, very nice. I'm coming around on blue hats. You have a fine example, to be sure. It's nice to see the lightweight in another color, too. Art does the best bows around.

I have my own 'less than conservative' hat on order with Art right now, although in standard weight felt.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Tony, Art is obviously short for "ARTIST!" And you, sir are a great patron. What a winning combination. Love the hat! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
WOOHOO!!! Welcome to the Art-Light club, Tony! That's an awesome style. Feels like Christmas doesn't it? I have to say, all of Art's styles and colors have got me thinking about another custom at some point; probably next century after I get some more savings! lol

Enjoy the Art-Light Tony!

Ande1964

Practically Family
Nice!

That's really a beauty! I'm expecting my first Art design sometime soon... can't wait!

Anj

Garrett

Congrats!

Yet another fine example of perfection from a the master craftsman. Hats off to ya! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR