Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art's hat in about a month, planning two more

Pompidou

One Too Many
I'm getting excited for my new Art Fawcett cabernet red western porkpie. So excited, I've come up with two consecutive followup creations. I'm going to want a forest green homburg looking hat with some sort of twist, and an oxblood fedora of some sort.

Typically, I've given away an old hat when I get one that's better of the same type. When I got my Stetson whippet, I gave my Indy commemorative to a friend who fawned over it. My black Bailey's porkpie from Del Monico is going to this girl who's become sort of a best friend over the years who loves it. When I get the homburg, I'll be finding a friend who's loved it more than most and giving it away. How better to spread the word on good hats. Four people by the end of things. Surprised none of them have found this place. The first place I found when I was looking for info on fedoras was here.

I won't be giving my handmade hats away, because they're uniquely me. I don't think I'll be buying premades anymore. My old boss loved my whippet, but sadly, I have elephantitis, for all intents and purposes. Even Paul Bunyan would need to stuff the liner to get a nice fit. Good stuff. Having nothing but handmade hats personalized just for me is just incredible. Not sure the point of this. Just looking forward to my first Fawcett hat. It's tough saying, "Ah no hurries, on one hand" and thinking, "Wow, can't wait" on the other. Good things come to those who wait. Soon though. How do you all bide your time? It's like Christmas Eve, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and I've never stopped liking presents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy