Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As New: Schott Perfecto 141 Leather Racer, Size 42 (made in USA)

celtic

A-List Customer
*SOLD!*

Bought this in the beginning of last winter to ride when the spring hit, wore it once to a restaraunt, and then put it away for spring.

By the time spring hit, I had lost weight so it's big on me. I wore it a few times last spring, but it felt like it was too big and so I and put it back in the closet. I figured it was time to get rid of it.

It's been worn MAXIMUM 5-6 times.

For those of you who know Schott, this is one of the last companies that still makes American Made Motorcycle jackets.

This jacket is beautiful, and it kills me to sell it. I would love to keep and wear it, but it's a size too big.

This is the Black version and it fits true to size 42. (I wear a size 40R and a medium in most things and this is a size too big)

It is the closest you'll ever get to brand new.

Additional photos or measurements upon request.

This jacket usually retails for $555 but Schott currently has them on sale for $445.

I will ship to you in the lower 48, Insured with tracking for $300.

Here's more info from Schott:

http://www.schottnyc.com/products/lifestyle/motorcycle/classic-racer-leather-motorcycle-jacket.htm

"Our Naked Cowhide Classic Racer Leather Jacket has a bi-swing back, underarm footballs, adjustable stand-up collar and side buckles, zippered sleeves, polytwill lining with a zip-out pile liner. 25-1/2" back length. Union Made in the U.S.A by UNITE HERE local 169."

Schott141Size42001.jpg

Schott141Size42007.jpg

Schott141Size42010.jpg

Schott141Size42004.jpg

Schott141Size42002.jpg

Schott141Size42008.jpg

Schott141Size42009.jpg

Schott141Size42011.jpg

celtic

A-List Customer
I've had a couple inquiries about measurements.

(Keep in mind that it has a plush zip-out vest that will take up space.)

Measure one of your best fitting jackets and compare.

Chest, lying flat, from armpit to armpit: approx 23-24"
Waist, lying flat, adjustable from 19-21"
Shoulder to shoulder, straight across back: 22" (23" when you go along the collar down the shoulders)
Sleeve length from shoulder seam to end of sleeve. 24"
Total Length, from bottom of collar down back to bottom: 25.5"

If you have a 42 inch chest and around a 36 inch waist (a couple inches more or less is fine too.) it should fit you well. If you don't plan on using the vest and you like a snug fit, you could probably be a size 43-44 chest, but please use these measurements against a well fitting jacket you own - I'm not a tailor and the word "snug" is subjective.

If you are really tall, you might need a tall, this is a size 42R right on the nose.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
wow, what a gorgeous jacket! I own a vintage Perfecto and I can say that these are some of the highest quality leather jackets made.

celtic

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
wow, what a gorgeous jacket! I own a vintage Perfecto and I can say that these are some of the highest quality leather jackets made.

Thanks Kitty! I loved it but it was too big to ride in. I also have a vintage of this same jacket in brown. It fits smaller so I'm keeping it. These jackets are amazing!

Somebody from a motorcycle forum I belong to just got a smokin' deal...

Kind of surprised there was no interest here.

Well, can't win em all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR