Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Yeah, it's the new hat I bought to try to impress Tess Harding, but she didn't even pay attention.

I came home and pushed my old work fedora down the mail tube, put on my new tile and she met me at the door ... didn't even take a second look.

Oh well, when you're woman of the year you can't be on top of your game all the time

Sam

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Oh this one's a brown Akubra Federation IV. I can't decide whether it's my favorite hat, or the one I just happen to wear the most, so far. Hmm... it's a great hat for the money, and it's been with me in heavy rain showers throughout Los Angeles County (where I'm from), snow in the mountains, the extremely dry desert heat of Death Valley and the Mojave Desert, and may even be a candidate (among my hats) for bringing along to Europe. It has also helped me to get the most compliments ;), but my vintage Stetson St. Regis is very close, already, in less than half of a year I've owned that.

P.S. Maybe I'm out of it today, but I first read this thread as meaning "hats from the movie Avatar."

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Mine is currently an Akubra Fed IV in tawny fawn. I use it in the avatar because it shows up better in the avatar than so many of my nicer hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany