Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Avirex 1939 Pattern RAF flying boots 9 1/2

fishmeok

Vendor
Cockpit (Avirex) 1936 pattern RAF shearling lined flying boot reproduction. These were made for the Cockpit in the late '80's by an English maker. Pretty accurate with the exception of the Vibram sole. the boots are in very good condition and just getting broken in. Take a shine well, and are water tight.They are marked 9 1/2, I wear a 9 1/2 E and they are just a little tight in the toes, but not to the point of being uncomfortable- have been on several long walks and the fit gets a little better each time.
$125 plus shipping.
Cheers
Mark

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Flying boots

Grand pair of boots Mark and very tempting. However, I take a UK 8 and my reading of the international conversion charts suggests that these would equate to a UK 9 - is that correct in your opinion?
Regards
Ian

fishmeok

Vendor
Hi
I have a buyer for them, sale pending-
UK to US sizes are very odd- I think the general rule is that UK is one size bigger than US but a pair of UK 10 Doc Martins (Marked UK 10 US 11) fit me just fine - and a U.S. 11 is way too big in any other shoe. The boots are about 10 1/4" long and 4 1/4 inches wide (uppers, not the sole).
Cheers
Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo