Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Balmoral Boots

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i asked Septieme Largeur if they would do me a one off Marceau boot in white canvas. they said non.

cream_canvas_boot.jpg

... i didn't even mention tarsal straps !

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I was browsing Etsy for boots and found these vintage tarsal strap ones. Sure, they are womens boots but I thought that you would still find it interesting. Small size (of course...) https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/...age=6&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

View attachment 27543 View attachment 27544 View attachment 27542

I also found these really cool button boots. https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/...age=9&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

View attachment 27545 View attachment 27546

I have a pair like the first picture..you note how slim the boots are, almost all boots for sale right now they are almost all that narrow in size. Now most boots that old may have issues with the leather. The last pair like this the leather all on the inside was so rotted I could not even save them soaking in conditioner for a week...sad as they had never been worn. Now I am careful and ask far more questions when buying as it was a sad thing I paid $150.00 for the boots and cannot use them.. I thought I could save them so I did not hold the seller responsible after getting them. From the outside the boots look great...but even around the inside are of the eyelets for the laces it is so rotted to tie them would rip the leather into tid bits.

So...I purchased a pair of very very rare boots made in Italy for women of course, that are made in the fashion design of a vintage boot but are not real vintage, made by louboutin. I was not happy with the price tag, but for the quality of the leather I am thinking the price was not too bad at all. I'll have to take pictures and post...

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
You can see the bottoms of these shows never been worn, they still have some residue of conditioner on them. Look at the small black tid bits of leather that POPPED off them just having me move them for taking pictures...bummer right?

Now the top picture red boots, loubouton are fully leather lined and are soft italian calf inside and out.

I was super sad about the vintage boots...they would have been so nice if not for the leather rot!

Papperskatt

Practically Family
I got my cricket boots on Friday. They were initially very snug and I could barely get my feet in, but after I let them rest with shoe trees for a few days they are starting to fit more comfortably. I still haven't broken them in completely, though. And I realise that I need to clean them.

Foto 2015-04-21 19 23 37.jpg Foto 2015-04-21 19 23 51.jpg Foto 2015-04-21 19 24 10.jpg

They're gonna get a lot of wear this summer, once it's started to dry up outside. :) Right now I live in a sea of mud... Thank god for rubber soled boots!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot