Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Balmoral Boots

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
vintage shoefinders ! (Issh and Cookie this means you); i'm looking for some vintage balmorals with contrast uppers along these lines :

ScreenShot2012-04-26at000555.png

... in a UK 10.5

(i realise the above is a derby boot, and a balmoral is traditionally oxford fastening. either will do)

please PM me if you have anything similar for sale.

Last edited:

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
Display your Balmoral Boots

Couldn't find a thread about Balmoral Boots so I though I would get it started

Here's a Pair I got from around 1900-10 and I've kept them in the condition I found them, the leather may look dry and cracked in the pictures but the leather is actually in great shape and still soft and pliable, they are just very worn in

tumblr_mhauvnC6zw1qhhvpco2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mhauvnC6zw1qhhvpco3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mhauvnC6zw1qhhvpco4_1280.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Couldn't find a thread about Balmoral Boots so I though I would get it started

Here's a Pair I got from around 1900-10 and I've kept them in the condition I found them, the leather may look dry and cracked in the pictures but the leather is actually in great shape and still soft and pliable, they are just very worn in

tumblr_mhauvnC6zw1qhhvpco3_1280.jpg

Very cool and thanks for sharing. However, they are much newer than 1910. More 1940's. Love those Vintage Boots and please share more!

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
thanks for directing me to that thread, and I strongly disagree, I've showed them to a fashion historian I know and from my experience they are much older than the 40's, but thanks for the input

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
Here's my pair of 1910's balmoral boots, but that date has been put to question by another FL user, I'm very confident they are older than the 1940's as the person has suggested but i thought i could get all your input

tumblr_mhauvnC6zw1qhhvpco1_500.jpg

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
it's all in the sole shape, 1940's shoes started to lose the dramatic inward curve opposite the instep that was common 3 decades prior

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
whatever. Heel is big. pre 20's have much smaller heels. Heel width grew in 40's, then maxed out in 50's. 30's is a possibility, but not earlier. also, much more common for more point on that toe.

Last edited:

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
IMG_4199_zpsd5ab3406.jpg

IMG_4200_zpse09b32de.jpg

Balmoral boot from the 20's. Mens' size 8d. as they get earlier, they get more and more feminine. Heel gets higher as well. The boot above has much too low and wide a heel to be 20's or earlier. Just wondering, aside from the fashion historian, what are the reference materials being used to form these opinions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112