Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Balmoral Boots

Edward

Bartender
Saronama said:
I am about to order a pair of these M5-102 boots from Otsuka, to wear with my morning coat as a wedding outfit. What do you think? :p

102-color-b_r.jpg

Otsuka M5-102

Wow! Those I like!

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
The m5-1000 is gorgeous, too! Wish they didn't come in those strange colours. The ivory is nice, though. I think the 102s are around $800 and the 1000s are around $1100. If I can figure out how to order and ship them, I'm getting a pair...

T.

Edward

Bartender
M Tatterscratch said:
The m5-1000 is gorgeous, too! Wish they didn't come in those strange colours. The ivory is nice, though. I think the 102s are around $800 and the 1000s are around $1100. If I can figure out how to order and ship them, I'm getting a pair...

T.

Ouch, too rich for my blood. One day hopefully someone will do an affordable pair!

volatile

A-List Customer
M Tatterscratch said:
We're working out details now, but it's probably somewhere around $700. Worth it when you think how long they should last and how much use I'm likely to get out of them...

T.

I'm stupendously jealous.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
Orgetorix said:
Great news. Do you know yet how they'll go about fittings and such?

Here's what they had to say:

Thank you very much for your e-mail dated 4th Dec.

We would love to sell our shoes to you but there are some problems between us as
below.

a,We have not got experience befor to export our M-5 shoes to abroad but practically if you send money to our disignated bank,we can start production.

b,Not only us but you are not sure which size fits for your feet.

c,As you know it is pattern order system on the website and workers are limited
who can make shoes which you like so it will take 4〜5 months after you place order.

You would consider these dificulties and if you still would like to order them Please
let me know.

Thank you again to be interested in our shoes.

The site looks as though the boots can be ordered in standard sizes. I wear a Japanese men's 25, but of course they'd need other measurements, as well...

Orgetorix, how would you decipher this message - does "pattern order system" mean a handmade RTW, as opposed to specifically MTM? I have a translation service lined up to make a call to them tomorrow to find out for certain.

Anybody here speak Japanese?

T.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
Spoke to the gent that sent me the email this morning (or this evening in his case) - His English was excellent. I'm simply to get measurements of the various parts of my foot - ankle, ball width and circumference, instep, and so on, and send them along. They'll take it from there.

T.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
gents, i'm looking for a balmoral boot that has an elegant edwardian-20s look and contrast top section similar to these:

stefanobemerbalmoral.jpg

ScreenShot2012-06-29at193826.png

i can't afford bespoke, but will pay up to £350. any suggestions as to the nearest modern ready made equivalent ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21