Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Balmoral Boots

cookie

I'll Lock Up
worktoday12-9-143.jpg

Love that diamond punching

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Good work. However, for me the combination of detailing on the upper and the heavy weight construction isn't a good match. I think a much sleeker balmoral boot looks best (I know that heavy weight balmoral boots existed in the past, it's just that I am not a fan).

That said, it could be the perfect boot for someone like Papperskat who likes the early stylings of a balmoral boot but lives in rural Sweden where a rugged boot is ideal.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Yes it was. Much harder than with round punches. You have to hold the diamond in the right plane to follow the curve.

There is NO doubt the craftsmanship is there for sure.

I think a good idea may be, to make a similar boot, however with a narrower toe box area, perhaps using a last similar to something used for a cowboy/western boot (a bit more pointed toe) and then the sole being a bit less in the thickness. Just my two cents, but it would make the boot more "dress" as even more so when you look at the punching work.

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
I always make the prototypes to fit me. I don't do well in pointy lasts. They are not as blocky as it seems. they are on the same last as my profile picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui