Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Brothers question

matei

One Too Many
Hello all,

Does anyone know what kind of leather jacket David Schwimmer's character is wearing in "Band of Brothers"?

I have never seen any episodes - me da asked me and he is internet-challenged.

I tried to find a picture on Google and the only one I found it kinda looked like a dark A-2, but I could only see the collar and part of the shoulder...

Thanks,

Mat

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
I'll have to check the DVDs, but I think Scwimmer wears both an A-2 and a B-3. He's definately wearing a B-3 when he is commanding Easy Company when they are training in England prior to D-Day. Later in the series when he becomes the supply officer, just before the Bulge, he is wearing an A-2 (I think.)

jake431

Practically Family
PrettyBigGuy said:
I'll have to check the DVDs, but I think Scwimmer wears both an A-2 and a B-3. He's definately wearing a B-3 when he is commanding Easy Company when they are training in England prior to D-Day. Later in the series when he becomes the supply officer, just before the Bulge, he is wearing an A-2 (I think.)

He kept the B-3 after filming.

-Jake

perrins57

New in Town
Capt Winters, Lt Walsh, Lt Sopel, one of the D Day briefing officers and one or two others appear in A-2's in BOBs. Real Mc Coys supplied the jackets for the series.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Check the WWII libary resource for RMNZ

If you check the RMNZ website (see link on the RESOURCE sticky at top of WWII room) I'm pretty sure they have a BoB styled 506 PIR A2 for sale. Worth having a look at their site anyway, but there's the excuse!
Just been watching BoB again on DvD, just love it!!

Tim P

New in Town
I was used on the set of Band of brothers for a catalogue shoot for real McCoys. I can testify that most of the flight jackets used were mccoys including the B10 worn by Mcaulliffe. the catalogue never got printed with the pics of us in it (we as backdrops were all in M43 uniform) but I handled a number of the jackets. A reshoot had to be organised when it became apparent to the photographers that one of the A2's they had been shooting was an Eastman. If I handled Schwimmers I did so in ignorance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou