Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbour / Alexander Leathers collaboration

Edward

Bartender
Better looking than the old AL, ownbrand effort st this style, where the pockets were all out of propoetion, far too big. I go back and forth on whether I like this style in leather, or whether it only works for me in wax cotton. Not a fan of Al/sb personally, so I'd give this one a miss. Interesting direction for them to be going in, though, producing for another company label.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Not a fan of Al/sb personally, so I'd give this one a miss. Interesting direction for them to be going in, though, producing for another company label.
I would imagine they may want to try to put the whole Will Lauder debacle behind them and get themselves established in a new field as suppliers rather than a brand.
Triumph, Harley Davidson, Indian, Royal Enfield. They all produce over expensive items like this jacket trying to live off their past glories. It is the sort of thing a new rider, probably a manager type taking early retirement with some cash to spare would buy, to go with the Triumph boots, logo'd gloves, helmet and T shirt(official Triumph authorised regalia of course) rather than my bike show version.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
As far as I know, Barbour have discontinued this collab jacket and there was a glut of cut-price examples in their outlet shops earlier this year.

barnabus

One Too Many
If you look back to the OP, I found one of these in my local Barbour outlet at the weekend, in my size, in black. It was like a tank and weighed an absolute ton.

My little daughter was with me and I asked her to hold the hanger while I zipped the jacket back into it - but she couldn't actually hold the weight of the jacket!

Ridiculous!

Phenomenal leather though. Thick and rigid and I felt like RoboCop when I tried it on. What a thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda