Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbour / Alexander Leathers collaboration

barnabus

One Too Many
Idly browsing Barbours on eBay (I love a Barbour, me) I came across this collaboration - a mashup I've never heard of before. Barbour x Triumph, manufactured from Cordovan Horween steer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332066796665

What do we think?

204eac5b3e8df575ce9df9eb8d293ffd.jpg

I confess that whilst I love an International, this looks a bit hard work to me, and with so much leather making up so much jacket, the cordovan is a bit much too.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Well, it looks like a leather Barbour International. With all that heavy HH, I can't imagine it being comfortable. I would think it would work much better in a lighter leather that drapes more.

I've never been a fan of those types of Barbour jackets, but I bet it would look pretty badass with some serious wear and tear on it. I also like that there isn't a Barbour (or any other) logo.

Plumbline

One Too Many
That looks like a heavy beast ... I bet ( once tamed and beaten up a bit ) it would be nice though.

It won't get much love here though .... but I'd wear it :)

I love the leather and the color is a fav of mine. I'm not to keen on the style tho. It would be a stout jacket for sure.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I think the biggest problem, or is it the smallest problem, are the tiny breast pockets! The great thing about the Barbour and the Belstaff equivalent, are the giant pockets. For those of us that use them for motorcycling, we love those big old pockets, you can get a pair of winter gauntlets in the lower pockets, and still have room in the uppers for maps, tools, even a sandwich.
120231_zps3ebk3qii.jpg

jnovac1

New in Town
Well, it looks like a leather Barbour International. With all that heavy HH, I can't imagine it being comfortable. I would think it would work much better in a lighter leather that drapes more.

I've never been a fan of those types of Barbour jackets, but I bet it would look pretty badass with some serious wear and tear on it. I also like that there isn't a Barbour (or any other) logo.
goat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner