Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbour, Filson jackets

guitone

Familiar Face
When I was in London in Februay, when the barbour bug hit, I tried one on in a shop..they were asking 169 pounds...I thought for that much money I could wait...I have seem these for as low as $250 (I checked my records) shipped...for $205 I will buy one today, so I am waiting for a reply to my email....great price.......UK made not New Zealand made I assume.....

Thanks again

guitone

Familiar Face
Interesting Find at Orvis Outlet in Manchester, VT

I got a card in todays mail about an upcoming sale at Orvis in Manchester VT in a week or two regarding 50 to 70% discounts, so I called to see if they may have any Barbour jackets on sale then...well, I didn't realize I was calling the outlet and found that they had a Barbour Beaufort Classic (the one with the dull finish, same as the waxy look, still waxed canvas, just one step less in the finishing, supposed to look like a 2 year old barbour)... for 50% off, so $173.50 or so....great price...not sage (as I was looking for) as these come in Olive, but I felt it was worth a look..this was a jacket that was ordered and returned for whatever reason, so it does not go back to the store or the catalog...So I will take a look at it and see how I like this Sylkoil finish..as I said, supposed to be the same material, same properties, just not shinny, still 100% cotton and rewaxable...I was lucky that they had my size....I guess being patient, not my best virtue, can pay off...good thing I was not looking during the fall, I never could have held out.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
guitone said:
I got a card in todays mail about an upcoming sale at Orvis in Manchester VT in a week or two regarding 50 to 70% discounts, so I called to see if they may have any Barbour jackets on sale then...well, I didn't realize I was calling the outlet and found that they had a Barbour Beaufort Classic (the one with the dull finish, same as the waxy look, still waxed canvas, just one step less in the finishing, supposed to look like a 2 year old barbour)... for 50% off, so $173.50 or so....great price...not sage (as I was looking for) as these come in Olive, but I felt it was worth a look..this was a jacket that was ordered and returned for whatever reason, so it does not go back to the store or the catalog...So I will take a look at it and see how I like this Sylkoil finish..as I said, supposed to be the same material, same properties, just not shinny, still 100% cotton and rewaxable...I was lucky that they had my size....I guess being patient, not my best virtue, can pay off...good thing I was not looking during the fall, I never could have held out.
There's another Orvis outlet in North Conway, New Hampshire. Everytime I am in there they have Barbour jackets and not just the waxed; they also have the tweed jackets. Also, Orvis' outlet has Harris Tweed jackets as well. I recommend a visit.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
guitone said:

Could you post there phone # Or pm me I'd like to see what they have in a 48 or 50R.
Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran