Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bay Rum year round?

French

Familiar Face
the proverbial can of worms

I had no idea my question about Bay Rum would open such a can of worms. I hope the bartenders don't label me a rabble-rouser.

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Although I find some of the Bay Rum scents to be a bit heavy for use in the summer, I find that Master Bay Rum is suitable-for me, anyways- year round. I actually may like it better in the summer, as it has a lighter scent than do many of the others I use, IMO.

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
At least I know that if I have a stubborn can of worms, Bay Rum will open it.

I use Ogallala Bay Rum year round. I guess my only complaint (non-seasonal) is that my wife says she doesn't notice it at all. No, she doesn't smoke and will generally smell things that I am oblivious to. Given that she can't smell it, then it's not a seasonal scent to me.

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Howard Rodman, in his book "Destiny Express" has a character mix his own--half bay rum and half witch hazel. Might be a lighter solution for the warmer months, although I think that Bay Rum is an all year around thing. D.R. Harris makes my favorite, although classics like St. John's and Royall are just that--classic!

armod

Familiar Face
I switch up my fragrance from night to day instead of seasons. also to suit the occasion if it's a funner lighter atmosphere I'll pick a scent to suit it.

whether people admit to it or not, smells affect their psyche.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy