Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beanies

Paul Roerich

"A List" Customer
Todays beanies are the pro Che Guevara type political statement cap.

Why don't pro Che and Fidel guys emulate these looks instead:

Che_disguise007_zps5faed87d.jpg
fidel-castro-thumb_zpsc744d9b3.jpg

Last edited:

tealseal

A-List Customer
I think we need to define beanie. For me, a beanie and a toque are the same hat: A winter hat, though I also understand that there is another style of hat called a "beanie" that is quite different. I'm not sure what the OP defines a beanie as.

Assuming that the OP is looking for recommendations for winter hats, I'd have to ask: Why would you not wear a fedora? When I lived in Canada I wore a toque during the winters, and snow kept getting on my glasses, down my neck, etc. Then I found these, and I wore my Fed IV with them all winter and was infinitely more comfortable and also infinitely more awesome looking!

Greyryder

One of the Regulars
I'm still trying to figure out when knit caps became beanies, hooded sweatshirts became hoodies, and stuffed animals became plushies/stuffies. :confused:

I used to be with it, but then it changed, and now what I'm with isn't it anymore.

Kyle Ezra

New in Town
Worse still, Greyruder, stuffed animals have become beanies too. A search for beanies on ebay will net 100k-300k items. Half are knit or crocheted hats, half are stuffed animals, and about 10-20 are beanies.
tumblr_n5nd2jYJQ91tzmoawo3_500.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
For rolling up in your pocket.

Watch Cap...YES. Beret...YES. Beanie...??? Great for your tea pot, not your noggin.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats