Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beautiful 3-piece DB suit

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
I believe I was the lucky snapper-upper. The measurements were also eerily on point for me. I'll drop photos of it in the show us your suits thread after it arrives. Did you see this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-1930s-3-Piece-Pinstripe-Suit-Button-Fly-Pants-Hans-Cassel-Co-Label-Germany-/270906744851?pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item3f134ce013 The buy only price is about the same, and I think it's actually a more collectible suit, given its German origins and the bells and whistles on the trousers. The measurements are similar as well.

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
yep that was my thought too - that German DB looks like a better made suit - with the buttonholes on the sleeves, the patterned lining of the trousers, and the beautiful buttons - but I like the fabric of the one I snagged better, and felt like I'd be more likely to wear it, rather than have it just attract dust and moths in the closet. Hope that other suit goes to a happy home, and preferably a lounger!

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
hell he's almost there with 7 days left on the auction. I'll be interested to see what it closes at. Aren't there Japanese collectors who swoop in and bid insane amounts on legit golden era suiting? or does this one not project into the 1k range because it lacks a belted back?

-PMH

S_M_Cumberworth

One of the Regulars
Yeah, they will do that. As I live in Japan, I should really try to see whether I can't find some of those reproductions. I still haven't found a decent vintage shop yet. But I also don't get down to Tokyo much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda