Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beautiful hand burnished English made Oxfords by Grenson.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Most Gentlemen's shoe aficianados will be familiar with the distinguished name of Grenson as one of the finest olde English shoemakers of Northamptonshire (the home county of fine English shoe craftsmanship).
Grenson are up there with the 'best' of shoemakers, that include names such as Churches, Trickers, Cheaneys, Edward Green, Lobbs, New & Lingwood..etc

On offer today, is a rarely used pair of these fine hand-crafted shoes from the 'Rose' range of Grenson. I have worn these a mere handful of times, as they (unfortunately) are a size too large (even with insoles).

These premium, hand-polished and waxed cap-toe "OXFORD'S" are cut from the finest calf leather and lined with a lighter glove leather that molds to the wearer's foot.

Gentlemen...this shoe says..."CLASS," "TOP DRAWER" and a "PERSON OF FINE BREEDING." Shoes say a lot about a man

As a UK SIZE 9.5 (wide), This is a US SIZE 10 to 10.5 (Depending on the conversion chart one uses).

These manly pieces normally retail at well over £200.
Asking a mere £60 (UK pounds) or $97 (USD)
+ postage (which will be kept to the bare minimum as usual).

PM me please if you'd like them

Luke 42

One of the Regulars
Those are really nice:) But isn't a UK 9.5 a US 10? Would be nice to know, because I am a size 9.5 UK (size 44 european)
Regards

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Dear Luke.

They are marked UK size 9.5 (this is their size). On the conversion charts (as you'll know there are quite a few and they differ slightly [huh] ), the US equivalent is marked from US 10 to US 10.5.
That's a EURO 44 to 44.5.

And YES, they are really beautifully made and crafted shoes at a 'give-away' price compared with buying in the shops ;)

Feel free to PM me if you want any further information, as I'd be happy to help :) Thanks again, PADDY.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Fine English Oxford's.

If you CLICK on any of the above photos, you'll get an enlarged image and detailing of these finely crafted shoes - thankyou :)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Measurements.

LENGTH: 12 1/4 inches
WIDTH: 4 1/4 inches

Postage to USA is 'around' the £20 mark (based on size and weight). But if comes in cheaper then they'll go cheaper postage.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shoes that talk?!!!

"Gentlemen...this shoe says..."CLASS," "TOP DRAWER" and a
"PERSON OF FINE BREEDING." Shoes say a lot about a man"

Paddy, shoes that actually talk is an interesting feature and a real selling
point, but I don't think I could tolerate my shoes saying stuff about me -
I hate shoes talking behind my heel,....I mean back! :rolleyes:

-dixon 'down at the heel' cannon

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks guys..!

..I can always rely on my pals to bring me down to earth again!!! with a big *BUMP.!!!*:eusa_clap

Yes, you too can release that inner poet inside of you ;) Don't fight it gents, just embrace the moment!

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Grenson Oxfords arrived today

Hi Paddy
The Grenson Oxfords arrived today. I saw the package on my doorstep after along grueling day at work. After a quick bite I opened the package which was done up nicely. The calf leather has a substantial feel that should keep a good shape well while remaining pliable. I never have seen such a deep polish that simply amplifies the understated eloquences of the shoes. The shoe length is about ½ size long, which I expected and more to the point of a good comfortable fit, with thicker wool socks the shoes fit fine in width and at the instep. My only disappointment is I couldn’t get the shoes to talk, but 2 out of 3 isn’t bad they are keepers.
cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner