Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty accidents...

Berlin

Practically Family
vintage_jayhawk said:
:eek:fftopic: Ha ha, that quote reminded me of something my grandma and dad say. "She's like a bull in a china cabinet." Describes me pretty well :D

Haha yes, thats probably the English languaged version of the proverb lol

Claireg

One of the Regulars
I had my first "glamour incident" last week..
burned my forehead with the curling irons trying to curl my bangs.
Everyone keeps asking if I knocked myself on the head cause its made a big mark.
Who knew beauty could be so dangerous??

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Claireg said:
I had my first "glamour incident" last week..
burned my forehead with the curling irons trying to curl my bangs.
Everyone keeps asking if I knocked myself on the head cause its made a big mark.
Who knew beauty could be so dangerous??

That's your initiation ;) There isn't one glamourous lady out there who hasn't done this!

Christy

One of the Regulars
The one beauty accident that came to mind still makes me cringe!

I was curling my eyelashes with an eyelash curler and my hand slipped. It ripped out a bunch of eyelashes from the inner corner of my eye. It hurt sooooooo bad! My eyes are watering just thinking about it. Also, my eye felt funny for a week or so because there were barely any eyelashes there. :( I now refuse to curl my lashes!

Lillemor

One Too Many
I know someone who's still getting treatments at her dermatologist for a scar caused by a curling iron.

I've stopped picking my zits but sometimes I'll accidentally scratch one out and be left with a dark scar for a long time. Some never go away. I don't want to wear full foundation again but I don't think there's any way around the concealer now. I've got a big dark scar above the left side of my lip that's too large to make it look like a fake mole. I've got a mole above the other side of the lip so one on either side would probably look stupid. I can't wear the shades of lipstick I want to because it draws attention to the scarring. Oh, and I'm broke so the concealer will have to wait.:rolleyes:

So it's all about eyes these days. I'm trying to develope a keeness for the 1960s, at least the early part.

RebeccaDoll

Familiar Face
Christy - I have done something similar - I have double sided tweezers, and I was cleaning up a few stray brow hairs, and the other side of my tweezer somehow grabbed a few eye lashes - and out they came, ooh, it hurt so much - I feel your pain, hun.

Lillemor - Is is like an Ice-pick scar? I have a few on one of my cheeks from when my teenage acne got infected (ewww), and I don't even bother trying to conceal - I just deal with them, make-up usually makes it worse, plus, no one ever notices, I mean if someone is spending so much time scrutining your face - their not worth the time of day - I hope you find something that works for you.:)

Lillemor

One Too Many
No it's dark like an age spot. I have one of those "icepick" scars on my forehead and I couldn't care less. Some how, the fact that it's indented makes me less bothered about it than something that's just a "tiny" blotch. Depends on the eyes looking at it.;)

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
I tried to thin my teenage eyebrows by lightly going over them with my Gram's Lady Remington electric shaver. They were "thin" alright! :p

I dropped the curling iron and burned my neck and everyone thought it was a love bite.

A hot roller cracked and leaked wax onto my hair.

I had a big wedding to attend the next day, my dress, makeup and accessories all planned. I was coloring my hair last minute and screwed up the number. I told the girl 5W which had been several shades ago. I ended up with brassy warm hair that fought full force against my ice blue dress and pink lipstick. I salvaged the day with a plum color dress and neutral makeup.

The best is when I used a self tanner that was a wee bit too orange, then got sunburned. As it peeled, I had big splotches of my natural white mixed with burnt orange up and down my legs. There was no evening that out!

Blondie

Practically Family
23SkidooWithYou I shouldn't laugh but the sunburned & fake orange tan & white peeled bits has me nearly peeing as am laughing so hard !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy