Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty Cases

kyda

One of the Regulars
I have just bought my first beauty case, while it is not vintage I feel very vintage when I carry it. I was just wondering how do you keep the inside clean, and what do you keep your make up brushes in. Also is there stuff that you keep in there all of the time and do you use it for overnight stays or do you take a toilet bag????

Smuterella

One Too Many
perhaps we could expand this to general make up storage? I'm wondering what you ladies use, at the moment my make up is all over the place in various old jam jars and tins and it looks very disorganised. Any tips /photos appreciated!

kyda

One of the Regulars
my make up is in a cane basket, it is the brushes and everything else that is all over the vanity - I don't know how my husband is dealing with it as he has one tiny corner. I thought having two little baskets would keep all my "stuff" neat and tidy would work but it isn't. [huh] [huh] [huh] [huh]

kyda

One of the Regulars
Sorry I have not posted photo's of my beauty case, I do not know how to post them - the fact I can do this is a miracle :) :) :) :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic:

Inky

One Too Many
I keep my cosmetics in a train case much like this one from Sephora - though I got mine years ago at Costco during the holidays and it was filled with cheap cosmetics but the case was great - I think I paid $19.99 or something and I still have it all these years later!

P76632_hero.jpg

I do have a smaller soft-sided case where I keep my extras of products (like all the crazy Besame stuff I bought when they had the big clearance sale last fall).

I really love my train case, it's all tidy and since I put my makeup on sitting on my bed, it works perfectly to keep it all together. One day I dream of having a vanity!

cecil

A-List Customer
mine is like your but black, Inky. i only bought it maybe a month ago after years of wearing makeup and now i don't know where i'd be without it! Buying a train case plus throwing out all the makeup that i didn't use has halved the time it takes me to do my makeup because i'm not forever foraging through crummy old eyeshadows trying to find my mascara etc. No they're not vintage or even vintage looking but I think everyone who wears makeup semi-regularly needs to own a nice train case!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kyda said:
Sorry I have not posted photo's of my beauty case, I do not know how to post them - the fact I can do this is a miracle :) :) :) :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic:

It's super easy once they are in your computer! You have to store them in a website somewhere, FL doesn't have the storage room. So you can upload them to Photobucket or keep them on your Myspace ( I do that a lot as I use them there too). The, have a window for that location open, one for the Lounge, copy the link for the photo and when making your post here, click that little icon that looks like a mountain with the sun over it, paste the link there, and save that post.

Back on topic, let's see some VINTAGE train cases etc!
This one is my overnight one, that has brush, mirror, bottles, etc (and sometimes a cat):
l_6d170d79bdbd3dd98da5656b03c3cb04.jpg

And this one (me on the far left) is a basic square one that is great as tall bottle can stand up in it:
l_7bbe265bd7e78e8016daa5b51665ccce.jpg

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
Haha, seeing I'm a makeup artist I have makeup everywhere! In giant gallon tubs, In a couple of metal train cases, some still in boxes from the cosmetic companies that have sent me stuff (I am SO not complaining about receiving free makeup, but it does start to add up, lol! ).

For my personal makeup, however, I have a plastic tub that has a bunch of ziplock bags inside organized by product type, then color. I use that as a main storage area and when the seasons change, I switch out lipstick, blush and shadow colors. I keep what I am currently using in two cosmetic bags, and for my travel makeup case I use something similar to this :
Banking-Cases-BC001-2.gif

kyda

One of the Regulars
Inky I considered getting one just like yours, but I would have had to do it online and the postage, lets just say it was easier for me to go down to K-Mart and buy one. It may upgraded in a year or four, I hope I don't have to. How do you all keep your make up brushes from marking the felt inside????

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
Oh, I keep my makeup on my vanity, but when I travel, I use a little case with two stories, a faux black leather by Bobbi Brown that looks quite stylish. Oh, found it, like this but black:

copperdiamondbeautykit.jpg

My MAC makeup palettes (great way to have 12548633 eyeshadows organized) fit in it, and it has holders for brushes and lipsticks. I really like it :) but for very short trips it may be too much, they I only carry one or two makeup pouches.

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
kyda said:
I have just bought my first beauty case, while it is not vintage I feel very vintage when I carry it. I was just wondering how do you keep the inside clean, and what do you keep your make up brushes in. Also is there stuff that you keep in there all of the time and do you use it for overnight stays or do you take a toilet bag????

Kyda, when I travel, I use a vintage aqua Samsonite Silouette train case...it's from the 1960's, I think. I made a luggage tag for it with my monogram embroidered on aqua and brown polka-dot fabric, and I have a matching overnight suitcase. I got them on Ebay...cheap, sturdy and cute. :)

lantana19

New in Town
I just ordered this case, it hasn't gotten here yet but it has such a cute vintage vibe to it that I had to have it. In case it might seem familiar to any of you, Pursebuzz did a review of it on Youtube.

It's the pink train case by Doll Cosmetics, available here:

http://www.beautychoice.com/products/Doll_Face_Pink_Train_Case-11827-0.html

And no I don't work for the company, I'm just a new member who has been lurking for awhile. I usually hang out over at the purse forum :)

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
lantana19 said:
I just ordered this case, it hasn't gotten here yet but it has such a cute vintage vibe to it that I had to have it. In case it might seem familiar to any of you, Pursebuzz did a review of it on Youtube.

It's the pink train case by Doll Cosmetics, available here:

http://www.beautychoice.com/products/Doll_Face_Pink_Train_Case-11827-0.html

And no I don't work for the company, I'm just a new member who has been lurking for awhile. I usually hang out over at the purse forum :)

Um, ok that case is incredibly adorable...I may need one...

lantana19

New in Town
RebeccaMUA said:
Um, ok that case is incredibly adorable...I may need one...

Let me know if you want one because there is a $5 coupon code for it which will bring it back down to the original price before they jacked it up because of the Pursebuzz video :mad:

CherryKrissy

Familiar Face
That is really cute! I need to find something nice to store my make up in. Right now it's in a clear vinyl zip pouch:eusa_doh:. I need something pretty and classy...time to start shopping!

Goldfish

A-List Customer
Medvssa said:
Oh, I keep my makeup on my vanity, but when I travel, I use a little case with two stories, a faux black leather by Bobbi Brown that looks quite stylish. Oh, found it, like this but black:

copperdiamondbeautykit.jpg

My MAC makeup palettes (great way to have 12548633 eyeshadows organized) fit in it, and it has holders for brushes and lipsticks. I really like it :) but for very short trips it may be too much, they I only carry one or two makeup pouches.

It looks great, the style is so simple & classic, but sadly it was limited edition and way out of my price range.

I think I will go with this one by H&M

DXL705_69367_D1000_61_5370.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8panelnewsboy