Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

beaver fur risks

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Bob, did I see you on that last UFC championship bout? I'm sure this was you.

fight.jpg

fedoralover

riccardo

Practically Family
mmm...

good thread...
I've eat a 3/4 inch height Argentina's steak...it was very good...only 3/4 inch height to respect all hippies or other else..only 2 minutes grilled for each side...very red inside!

Enjoy fur hat and good steak!!
Riccardo.

Hemingway Jones said:
In all seriousness, I respect folks who have strong convictions.

I do to as long as they get the appropriate sentencing.

The blood as stuff is usually resevered for an event hoping to make the news and be on camera. occasionally it is a furrier that they stake out, so the average person is very unlikely to get nailed in this type of situation.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
No, Fedoralover...

I'm just a guy of average height and weight. Average build...not in bad shape physically...but I get mad...real mad. I was a Marine and after that I worked in Corrections and after that I was a Cop. Then I went into Corrections again. So I've had my share of training, and I have also been whooped up on, so I've seen it from both ends.

Legaly, one has the right to defend themself. But that right is slowly being taken away from us. If assaulted and one responds with force, one must be able to articulate the threat. We consider every physical assault to our body to be potentially leathal, and are prepared to articulate that fact. Period.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Funny, I was just telling Feraud that I would have no concern buying Rabbit felt from Akubra. Have you ever seen the footage of some of the plagues of rabbits in Australia? Rabbits introduced by Europeans breed out of control w/ no natural predators. I've seen film of storm fences six feet high holding back a herd of rabbits.
When I was there 12 years ago, read in a local magazine about an inspector who checks outback roads to make sure everything is clear & passable. He was once surrounded by a huge flock of the wild rabbits. He waited about 15 minutes hoping for them to disperse , but finally had to drive on. He related it was like driving over a thousand little speed bumps.

I was told by Australians that they considered the rabbits to be vermin. I never even noticed rabbit on any menus, tho I have seen it here in NYC.

I did see kangaroo on some menus, which was controversial since its there national symbol.

Bebop

Practically Family
I really can't see anything like that happening unless you are one of very few that are wearing beaver, leather or some other animal. Here in San Francisco, I can't imagine anyone from these organizations wasting their time messing with anyone with a leather jacket or beaver hat. There are way too many of us that wear animal hide. They are outnumbered even in this city. Besides, they are too busy releasing the mice and rats from the university only so they can get caught in the traps that have been set out for their wild relatives. I wouldn't worry about it even here in one of the most left wing, liberal, veganistic (is that a word?) cities in the world.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Turn the other cheek

Brad Bowers said:
Anybody tries something like that to my hat, and I'm sending as many of them to the hospital as I can. Or the morgue.

Brad

Sometimes we feel strongly about those who violate our rights, impose their beliefs on us, and call us names for eating meat, wearing fur, driving large cars, and other "non enviro p.c." stuff.

Still, don't send anyone to the morgue. You aren't allowed to wear a fedora in prison.:p

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
They never change

These PETA nuts were all the crazies in school who complained that they got nailed in dodge ball, flicked spit wads in class, and were always thrown food at in the cafeteria. They have never grown up, never obtained any social skills and basically need to get therapy.:cheers1: If one comes after me, they better pack a lunch because it's going to be a long day.:hamburger

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Put it in your profile, please

Section10 said:
Fortunately for me I live in the part of the country where if you're not regularly out killing something you're seen as a little bit weird.:)

So alter your avitar and profile and narrow down where you are instead of just USA.....you in the "red neck" part of Texas or sumpthin?:cheers1:

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
WE have come full circle, don't you think for the HATS section?

Lincsong said:
These PETA nuts were all the crazies in school who complained that they got nailed in dodge ball, flicked spit wads in class, and were always thrown food at in the cafeteria. They have never grown up, never obtained any social skills and basically need to get therapy.:cheers1: If one comes after me, they better pack a lunch because it's going to be a long day.:hamburger

It is because our government and society allow "professional, perpetual students" to exist. They get grant after grant, public aid, subsidy. You wonder, what do they do to pay their bills, mortgage and the like? They have nothing but free time on thier hands to go throw red paint on women who happen to wear fake fur coats. I don't advocate mercy to that idot who was caught on film at the car wash in I think San Jose, running over the baby and mother ducks. That is downright sick. But taking game, deer, rabbit, duck, that is akin to fishing. Do they go throw sand at fishermen? NO. So, we got way off topic for the HATS...this should go to the Observation bar.

Final comments Loungers?

The Wingnut

One Too Many
It's great to see people taking a 'no B.S.' approach to this. On the other hand, considering we haven't had anyone pop up and say, 'I had it happen! My hat was ruined and I couldn't do anything about it!', it's probably not worth even worrying about.

PETA and the like are the least of everyone's worries. The more we concern ourselves with them, the more power they have. If we ignore them and brush 'em off, they'll never get traction.

Wear your hat, worry about pigeons and gulls...forget about PETA.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Andy, if I didn't know you better...

Redneck part of Texas? That's where I live and I've never met Section 10...

Did'nt those Peta communists splas some models with red paint a few years ago? I guess It could happen, probably not likely like other have said. But remember defending yourself is not a crime.

Harry Lime

Suspended
Who knows?

I honestly don't think the majority of non-hat lovers realize fedoras are made of fur. I think they think they are felt, which they aren't sure of what felt even is, or wool/cloth. So...I don't think anyone has too much to worry about.

Harry Lime

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic