Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Before and After?

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Audrey, you're so adorable; with your hair and dimples and overall sweetness you remind me of Dorothy <3
3521219226_bac3cea9cd_m.jpg
3521214716_b6eab58045_m.jpg
3520414085_5ee2af6888_m.jpg

MargaretHamilton5740.jpg

dorothy.png

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
cecil, you're a doll, both with and without make-up. I adore the drunken pic! In the last one you're a dead ringer for Wanda in Cry baby:
n574056014_2616477_4905744.jpg

1421879956_97a29823db.jpg

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
cecil said:
ARRRGHHHHH I want to play in your wig collection!

cecil,

I wish those were mine. FWIW, you look good in that last picture. But then again, I dig red lipstick:) The picture with the booze bottles is cool.

M

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
cherry lips said:
cecil, you're a doll, both with and without make-up. I adore the drunken pic! In the last one you're a dead ringer for Wanda in Cry baby:
1421879956_97a29823db.jpg

I knew she looked like someone I was WAY familiar with, I just couldn't place it!

cecil, you're gorgeous!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
matrioshka said:
I hope using a wig counts :) The before shot is a better closeup of my face.

Of course it counts! I originally meant this thread to be before and after photos of hair, so we could see how different haircuts translate into a vintage style. However, lots of folks have been including before/after makeup shots and I think it's just fantastic! I know a lot of folks don't like posting un-made-up shots of themselves on a public board, but these photos (and yours too!) are strong proof of the wonders of makeup and I find it rather inspirational.

cecil

A-List Customer
Darhling said:
Cecil - I am part girl crushing/part intimidated by you! (I mean that in the best way!) You have the coolest 'presence' I have ever seen in pictures!!

:D

Thankyou everyone, I am blushing.

cherry lips said:
cecil, you're a doll, both with and without make-up. I adore the drunken pic! In the last one you're a dead ringer for Wanda in Cry baby

I love that film but I never would have thought of that myself before! Thankyou!

cecil

A-List Customer
matrioshka said:
cecil,

I wish those were mine. FWIW, you look good in that last picture. But then again, I dig red lipstick:) The picture with the booze bottles is cool.

M

Ah, I see. They're quite expensive aren't they! After a nasty home bleaching accident I had to (well not had to, but I neeeeed my long hair) wear wigs for about a year. Cost me a pretty penny.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
matrioshka said:
I hope using a wig counts :) The before shot is a better closeup of my face.

DSCN00452.jpg

retrokat1.jpg

M

Thanks so much for posting these pictures. I, too, have had a bad bleaching experience. Actually, the bleach wasn't bad, it was trying to get it back to my natural color that killed it. I recently cut it off really short and have been thinking about getting a wig. The one in the second picture is lovely!

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
A sort of before and after picture, just makeup in this case.

half.jpg

That's half a face with makeup and the other half without lol

This is full makeup:

25-09-2005_2.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Antje and Miss Golightly yes i agree, i think this photo of her in the water could have been taken today! It's timeless. But then, the same applies to Louise Brooks, Carole Lombard, Vivien Leigh, etc... They all have "IT". I'm sure they could be as famous now as they were then.

My favorite photo of MM
this one below
marilyn-monroe-before-after-makeup-.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
So 10 pages ago, I started this thread and I've still never posted in it. I was hoping to post some before/after-set pics because my blond/black hair color made it really easy to see the layers in my hair and how those layers looked when set.

But it's too late now! Too much damage from years of heavy bleaching and 5 months after my last cut and color, my hair felt like straw and was breaking, and it was definitely time for something different that will give my hair a break!

Sorry for the terrible before photos!
DSCF2113.jpg

DSCF2111.jpg

DSCF2114.jpg

DSCF2148.jpg

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
So 10 pages ago, I started this thread and I've still never posted in it. I was hoping to post some before/after-set pics because my blond/black hair color made it really easy to see the layers in my hair and how those layers looked when set.

But it's too late now! Too much damage from years of heavy bleaching and 5 months after my last cut and color, my hair felt like straw and was breaking, and it was definitely time for something different that will give my hair a break!

I like your old hair, I wish I could find a wig with a two tone look like that.

M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner