Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Before and After?

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
cherry lips said:
Please do!

On an unrelated note, I just love your avatar, that's my favourite scene from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes! I just love Jane Russell

jetgirl said:
fun! Maybe retro masculine drag with little mustaches? that would be fun.

I like that! Hopefully by next week I'll post something like that! Maybe just a photo

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
get_atomized said:
On an unrelated note, I just love your avatar, that's my favourite scene from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes! I just love Jane Russell
Mine too! What can I say, I'm not into sports, but I'm very into jocks! <3

BoPeep

Practically Family
Hard to follow Miss Jess but . . .

It's good ole fashion brush rollers for me. Pretty basic set, I guess. I have a middy cut - never realized that there was an official name for it until I stumbled on the thread - with long layers.

rollers1.jpg

rollers2.jpg

I leave it all pretty bouncy. To which my mother (b.1941) continually reminds me that in the day, they never left it like this. hmmm . . . But it seems if I brush it out too much, I get the dreaded poodle hair and then it's flat the following day.

IMG_1999.jpg

sideview.jpg

backview.jpg

PS

A-List Customer
cherry lips said:
Miss Jess, I enjoyed all of your pics, but this one just makes me swoon <3

Perhaps you could post a close-up of your eye make-up?..

I must know what that lipstick is darling, its heavenly! You are a beautiful. So please share some beauty secrets with us!

D

Deleted member 12480

oh my,

i'm totally doing this, you will actually wee. lol xx

Miss Jess

Familiar Face
PS said:
I must know what that lipstick is darling, its heavenly! You are a beautiful. So please share some beauty secrets with us!

Halloo PS! For the nude-ish lip color I simply used a Rimmel lip pencil that was as close to my natural lip color as possible, then went over it with a bit of very sheer blush-pink lipstick (a bit shiny) - really looks polished without being overdone. Then again, I'm so used to my red lips, that the nude lip look feels super subdued!

December

One of the Regulars
Here's a before and after of a different kind- when I went to a gig a couple of nights ago.

Before:
DSCF4722.jpg

After:
DSCF4729-1.jpg

My hair was WILD! I don't know how my friend's hair stayed so straight!!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I started this thread, it's about time I posted in it!

I just got a cut from a new gal, someone on my derby team, and took a bunch of photos from the Middy thread with me, and said I wanted something similar, but with longer layers that would look ok if I didn't set my hair. She knew what it was and ended up giving me a very layered sort of bob, angled toward my face with shorter layers on the sides. I wish I had pics from before the cut - it was past my shoulders, with very long, flat layers.

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

Here is after my first attempt at a set with the new cut. Set with pillow rollers, all curled straight under.
DSC00247.jpg

Eh, this side didn't look so great...
DSC00244.jpg

Check out that sweeeet pink and blue tile...
DSC00236.jpg

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
That looks great, Kitty T! I'm thinking about that cut pretty seriously now...

And love the pink and blue tile, too! Cute!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Wire9Vintage said:
That looks great, Kitty T! I'm thinking about that cut pretty seriously now...

Thanks! In those first photos, I had coaxed it under with a blow brush. With no styling though, it's still not bad - kindof choppy, lots of texture and movement, pretty modern looking. I don't like not being able to pull it up in a ponytail or back in a braid, but I'll get over it lol

And love the pink and blue tile, too! Cute!

Oh, you should see the tacky flamingos etched into the shower doors. It's amazing.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Just wondering about how many of the rollers did you use? Your hair is prob about the same length of mine and I am in dire need to go buy new pillow rollers and not sure how many packages I should get.
Thanks

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
amynbebes said:
Ha, I have that same shade of pink in my bathroom and rather than the blue have a seafoam green and grey offsetting it. :D

http://savethepinkbathrooms.com/

pretty faythe said:
Just wondering about how many of the rollers did you use? Your hair is prob about the same length of mine and I am in dire need to go buy new pillow rollers and not sure how many packages I should get.
Thanks

Pretty Faythe, I'm not sure how many rollers I used but I have 2 packs of the long skinny pillow rollers. The packs I have have a mixed number of longer ones and shorter ones, and I only use a few of the longer ones on the top where I need the extra length to loop them through each other - so the 2nd packet will come in handy if you like to just use the shorter rollers like I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner