Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Before and After?

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
So many cute chicks before and after!

Okay promise NOT to be scared??

This is me when I wake up. Can you see how thrilled I am?
DSC00108.jpg

And this is my version of a "retro" style. I use a curl defining gel and hot rollers with good old Auquanet.

DSC00104new.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Ok, I love these before and after pictures and will get brave and post a horrible before photo. If Dita can do it, hahaha, so can I.

Real Swell, you could be my grumpy morning twin! And I love your retro look!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
So many great photos here, gals! One of these days I'll get around to posting my own :)

Also, those photos of Dita are amazing. Look at all of her freckles! i wonder what she uses to cover them all up?

Lillemor

One Too Many
This pic is from September and my hair grows really fast so it's longer now but the same cut with the same layers, etc.

Lillemor

One Too Many
roots66 said:
Lillemor said:
I have some other pics of my hair rolled up, unbrushed, and brushed but they turned out even worse than these pics.

Oh, nevermind the quality, just post 'em--I'd love to see how you achieved this fine Grace Kelly-esque do!

Sorry, I didn't take a photo the day I rolled my hair up for the photos I've posted here. I took some at a more recent date but I was experimenting with placement and I hate the way the curls turned out.

Anyway, I just place them all horizontally, and roll my hair back off my forehead towards the back. I don't know if this is considered rolling over or under[huh]

I use the smaller rollers in the front, sides and to catch any random strands that are loose after I've used the larger rollers in the back. I use 24 rolls in all. Sometimes, 20 is enough. It looks very random and all good intentions to follow a setting pattern may be there in the beginning but you sure can't tell when I finish rolling my hair up.lol

Lillemor

One Too Many
Normally I just roll it all back off my forehead. Then I brush it all to death and stick the sides behind my ears because my face is too round for fullness at the sides and I don't have any clips or barettes.

This setting pattern experiment didn't work for me:

Rolling it all back off my forehead towards to back works best for me.

Unbrushed:

I desperately tried to brush it all out and got this 70s/early 80s look:rolleyes: :

I'm glad I didn't have any where to golol :

Lillemor

One Too Many
Semi-brushed for the first setting which is the way I prefer to set my hair when I have the time:

Pre-brushed but tucked behind ears because I can't stand that 70s flick look.lol:

From first setting;) :

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner