Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Before and After?

Lillemor

One Too Many
I'm still getting frizzy, uneven results.:(

Same set today. Used two large gobs of strong hold mousse in dry hair and let rollers sit for over two hours. I guess I'm going to have to find some rollers I can bear to sleep on. I've been using medium (red) and large (blue) velcro rollers until now. Should I be using a small diameter instead?

It goes all wrong some where in the brushing:

It's so seventies without an alice band, barettes or clips.:rolleyes: The waves are usually nice after a couple of hours when they've had time to collapse a bit.

I hate my forehead too but I've been told I need to keep my bangs long and preferably asymmetric for that side swept look because my face is so round but I really prefer short, thick bangs.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Miss Caroline said:
005.jpg

:eek:fftopic: I love your tattoos.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I made a tutorial of how I set my hair using Hot Sticks, so in effect, here is a before and after of my hair in video form!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwmqsRjm3lY

Here's where I posted it on my blog which answers some questions that others have had:

http://diaryofavintagegirl.blogspot.com/2009/06/40s-hair-with-hot-sticks-tutorial.html

I had to cut out to make it under 10 mins, though it is still almost 10 minutes so some feel this is too long. Next time, now I have got my introductions out of the way, I'll try and make it shorter (and the various other improvements suggested by commenters).

:)

Shirin

A-List Customer
Lillemor, if your not getting curls its most likely because your curlers are too big. If they're bigger than a tube of mascara, they're most likely just going to give you volume and/or wave instead of curls. If you can get them to about the diameter of a nickel (or quarter even), I think you will notice a dramatic difference.

Lillemor

One Too Many
I'll buy those rubber coated tube ones instead I guess. I had some in the 80s. I used them at the crown when my perm began to grow out. Of course I had a perm in the 80s and the first one was actually really good because she'd learn the trade in the 60s where there were still plenty of little old ladies who liked their hair permed and set a certain way.:) I didn't want my hair set back then though because that wasn't the done thing in the 80s.lol

December

One of the Regulars
Before:
DSCF3797.jpg

Fresh out of bed. I look sleepy. I also have my "morning and evening glasses" on- they provide a larger field of vision so I wear them when I'm just at home.

After:
DSCF3812.jpg

A bit windswept. I'd just got in from a very blustery day.

Annandamide

New in Town
Have lurked around here for ages, but bumping into Fleur de Guerre a couple of weekends ago spurred me into bravery.
Here's my normal hair:

DSC00176.jpg

I'm so not good at putting my hair up, but was quite pleased with this, the back was messy so haven't posted pic of that...

DSC00310-Copy.jpg

I'll keep practising!

Annandamide

New in Town
Thank you! :)

It was a diluted lottabody set using bendy sticks, overnight and a lot of hair spray! I was pleased it stayed in all day and only fell out when I got caught in a downpour.

Inky

One Too Many
Why thank you, ~Psycho Sue~, I love both of those ladies, especially Betty Davis! (some day I swear people are going to call me Baby Jane Hudson). When I was in my 20's, I looked a great deal like Liza Minnelli at the time so I see where Judy could be hiding ;)

Lenore - what a nice thing for you to say. I appreciate it very much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot