Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belstaff Movie Jackets

DJS Press

One of the Regulars
My frame of reference is always Aero. I can't imagine that anybody could make a truly better jacket, so I figure any significant difference in price above an Aero is probably hype.

But go to a Nordstrom's sometime and you're likely to find nondescript lambskin Ralph Lauren Polo made in China jackets for $1,200. I just have to shake my head.

Just goes to show that there's a lot of people with money burning a hole in their pocket who rely more on a label than any other single attribute to make their purchase decision.

Edward

Bartender
Thanks, Smithy. :)

DJS: I agree... seems to me that, like Harley Davidson Motorcycles and Gibson Musical Instruments before them, Belstaff are verging into the territory of selling a lifestyle as much as the product itself. I find it especially hard to justify their high prices for the Mutt jacket given that jackets of that style in a superb quality are so readily available from so many sources.... When next I have the funds and can justify a Brando style, I'm going straight to Aero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats