Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belts and Belt Buckles

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Belts for thin men or thin belts for men? lol

We sell jewelry on the little TV shopping network where I work, and when they put up a "Large Lady's Ring" I always chuckle to myself. ;)

:eek:fftopic:

(Sorry, ain't takin' no pledge, no sir. Nobody wants my old ties, anyhow.)

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
a few sources...

El Pachuco has black whip belts with silver or gold buckles.
www.elpachuco.com
belts_sm.jpg

My baby Jo has various color whip belts. These are the same belts that Swanky's carries, but the Swanky's website is currently down for remodeling.
www.mybabyjo.com
mensbelt_lg.jpg

matei

One Too Many
At the risk of being :eek:fftopic: ... did any of ye see the Hollywood Waist trousers mybabyjo.com is offering?

Matthew Dalton

A-List Customer
Spectator Belts?

I've been scouring the forum for a site that I believe sold spectator belts.

I saw it a while ago and now I can't find it... Does anyone know which page I'm talking about?

Also, if you could please point me to any sites that sell good and/or custom belts that would be appreciated too.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
adem said:
Does anybody know of a good source for thin mens belts ? I know there is http://www.rockabillybelts.com but I am wondering if there are any other sources out there ?

thrift stores are great for it if you are not too big. Women have been wearing them for years. They are a little cheaper and not quite the same as the real thing to a trained eye. But they are no worse than these repros. And you might even get lucky and find the real thing. I have a number of them, all from thrifts. SOme from the women's section.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Yep! Go into places like Ross or Marshall's and raid the women's belt section. You should find plenty to choose from.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I hit the mother lode one year at Viva Las Vegas, where one vendor had dozens of original deadstock whip belts in every color you could want. I was one of the first people in the vendor room and I was able to grab about a dozen of them! The rest were gone within minutes. I still see some of these (or ones that seem to be from that same batch) on eBay.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
matei said:
At the risk of being :eek:fftopic: ... did any of ye see the Hollywood Waist trousers mybabyjo.com is offering?

The black pants that you see in the belt pictures are the pants that they sell. The overall cut is vintage with a higher waist and a nice drape. They do feature a waistband though, and the belt loops go up to the top.

Also, the thin belts at My Baby Jo are different from the thin belts at Swanky's; just wanted to correct myself on that.

kools

Practically Family
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a source for a thin belt in brown...other than rockabillybelts.com. In my opinion, theirs are a bit too flimsy.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
yep, search the womens belts in charity shops. Or if you can't be bothered with the effort of sifting through tons of plastic crap for the occassional gem which doesn't actually fit you, go check my current ebay listings, i have several whip belts up, older ones too. I'll post a link in classifieds.

Feraud

Bartender
I got lucky and found a thin belt in an Military surplus store of all places.
It was the last thing I was looking for but for 10 bucks a good buy.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Tony in Tarzana said:
Belts for thin men or thin belts for men? lol
If they're shopping in the ladies' dept., it's gotta be thin belts for thin men.

We sell jewelry on the little TV shopping network where I work, and when they put up a "Large Lady's Ring" I always chuckle to myself. ;)
Surprisingly, punching "black man's suit" into a search engine leads to very few results. And that's a good thing.

kools

Practically Family
I just bought a thin belt from el pachuco. In my opinion, much nicer than the one I have from rockabillybelts. I still need one in brown, and I probably need a white belt to wear with my bucks.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Vintage styled belts with damascus steel buckle

Hello all!
For quite a while now I've been wondering which type of belt would go best with vintage flightjackets, 1955 Lees 101Z and chestnut coloured Chelsea boots. During the last couple of years I've been wearing McRostie belts in light brown and black but I always felt that those were a bit uncomfortable so I passed them on to my father who wears them with great pleasure. McRostie belts are superb but incredibly thick and stiff

A couple of month ago I found a very peculiar belt and buckle which are offered by German upmarket department store "Manufactum". The belt is of a plain "harness style" with cut edges. It comes without the buckle and is available in various colours i.e. black, dark brown, mid brown, tan, oxblood, and olive/mud. It is made from premium steerhide by Kreis from Offenbach.
The buckle itself is quite special. It's made from damascus/pattern welded steel with hard-soldered (silver) wire loops which make it fully interchangeable with all Kreis belts. During the last six month I've bought two of them. One rectangular with "wild" damascus pattern which looks best when worn with a suit and one oval shaped with "little roses" pattern. Both of them are plain beautiful. There are forged by mastersmith and monk Father Abraham from Meschede Abbey. Two different grades of tool steels are used for making these. After forging they are acid etched to bring out the "grain" and then polished.
They look absolutely stunning worn with jeans or chinos.

2977848610_dbb9c9969d.jpg

2976994379_16714073a9.jpg

2977857902_2ab4115e25.jpg

2977860506_eaf97f172c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ