Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belts to go with our jackets

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Not sure if there is already a matching thread in the outerwear section.
If so, mods please move this one...

For me, belts are an important part of my outfit and should match my shoes and jackets in color. Of course, that's my own view. As you can see, I like western style studded Belts, real works of art.

I would be happy to see pictures of your own belts / suspenders.

To start with, here are my Ace Belts in different colors and modifications.

Ace Western vintage style studded Belt ltd. 5th anniversary edition
with some NOS Jewels
95104934_285000412501305_5800339645908102108_n.jpg

40125543_288828128513533_681333094778667008_n.jpg

Ace Western vintage style studded Belt custom made
95712060_2801643936551437_523928754579894709_n.jpg

40325331_281400452467240_2605645148247293952_n.jpg

Ace Western vintage style studded Belt standard no. 110 from some yrs ago
95774811_663138927564462_7639955542084423850_n.jpg

40048979_274151723199458_3408031969278164992_n.jpg

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Some of my belts I have in current rotation.

The black ones:
IMG_6239.JPG

(from left to right):
#1 Hollow's Leather
#2 Ace Standard
#3 Ace custom made
#4 RMC Buco
#5 VMC custom made by HTC
IMG_6240.JPG

The brown ones:
IMG_6237.JPG

(from left to right):
#1 Isle of Mull
#2 Hollow's Leather
#3 Ace custom made ltd.
#4 Ace custom made
#5 Vintage Swiss Military custom home made
#6 Hollow's Leather
IMG_6238.JPG

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I don't think I could rock any of those western belts, they do look great though. I like this one, VEB leathers
CC9B2D8B-D740-4550-87B2-9CF84CA2F851.jpeg

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I am not into this style of belt. I don't want a belt to attract a lot of attention. I want it to be plain and do its job. Anything fancy defeats its purpose. A smooth leather belt is best for me, any doodads attached to it will snag on the belt loops, scratch furniture, wear holes in clothes, jab me, break/fall off, and otherwise add to the cost of ownership. Likewise any kind of giant/decroative buckle. I just want function and durability, nothing more.

I like a good, thick one-piece piece of leather with a solid metal buckle. 1.5" is ideal width, and I find that I like a 1/4" thick strap. It's more than enough, very sturdy, will last a lifetime. They take a little bit of wear to break in, but if you wear them every day the break-in period goes by quick.

I own several Bull Belts made by a company in Indiana called Daltech. They're great quality, and inexpensive. I also have a Ranger gun belt from Hank's Belts, which I also like.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I like the classic garrison belt. Brass buckle, vegetable tanned leather. But nice ones are hard to find in Europe. I recently visited the RRL store in Paris and they had a few nice vintage saddle leather garrison belts for sale. Unfortunately very much overpriced

58panheadfan

One Too Many
I understand these western style belts are not everyone's taste. I wear the belts depending on my mood, sometimes I feel more bling-bling :) I am also fascinated by the craftmanship that goes into such a belt...

Last edited:

Mich486

One Too Many
Those Ace Western belts are really very intricate, not my style but I appreciate how difficult it must be to make one.

Speaking of western style belts I’d love one of these from Fortela (squarzi) although seem a bit pricey and they always sell out in no time
40928557-18FF-486C-9BD5-3DF7846CD016.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I only have 3 belts (all started natural), one 20+ years old from my university student days, 1 from last year, and 1 from earlier this year. I park them on my raw jeans permanently, if the belt is too long I secure the end with leather belt clip key hanger thing rather than clipping since I like to preserve the brand's debossed stamp near the tip, since these belts kind of look alike and I bought from local brands most have difficult strange hipster made-up words for brand name after sometime I might forget unless I have a logo to help me.

Edward

Bartender
Big fan of those jewelled belts - got a couple from SJC x Warpath that I'm going to be wearing in just two more jeans sizes own (hopefully by Christmas). I also like a slim, Western belt - Bogart wore one of those with the embossing and silvertone buckle and tip in The Big Sleep, and it looked veyr cool with his suit.

I also really like the Brando /Strabler Wild One belt. once I have lost a bit more weight and fin a bit more time, I may well pick up a good, heavy plain black belt and take the drill to it to make my own. I did buy one of the Rumble 59 ones, but after nine months of heavy, daily wear the bonded leather has started to break around the holes I wear it on. Coul buy a nice one for around £100, but I'd rather buy an equally nice plain black belt for less than half that and get out the drill, I think.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Big fan of those jewelled belts - got a couple from SJC x Warpath that I'm going to be wearing in just two more jeans sizes own (hopefully by Christmas). I also like a slim, Western belt - Bogart wore one of those with the embossing and silvertone buckle and tip in The Big Sleep, and it looked veyr cool with his suit.

I also really like the Brando /Strabler Wild One belt. once I have lost a bit more weight and fin a bit more time, I may well pick up a good, heavy plain black belt and take the drill to it to make my own. I did buy one of the Rumble 59 ones, but after nine months of heavy, daily wear the bonded leather has started to break around the holes I wear it on. Coul buy a nice one for around £100, but I'd rather buy an equally nice plain black belt for less than half that and get out the drill, I think.
I think Cushman's belt is one of the best value for money from Japan. I have all three colour of their plain garrison belts.
http://www.cushman.jp/new-cart/sear...0&page=2&seek=true&bunrui=1&syobunrui=ブーツ・グッズ
Almost bought one of their jeweled buckles too.
http://www.cushman.jp/new-cart/sear...0&page=2&seek=true&bunrui=1&syobunrui=ブーツ・グッズ
The only issue is the Japanese don't make large size.
http://www.cushman.jp/new-cart/sear...0&page=1&seek=true&bunrui=1&syobunrui=ブーツ・グッズ

Edward

Bartender

Ohh, that take on the Brando is really nice (even if it is double-pronged, which is common it seems in repops but not, as best as I can make out, technically accurate to the screen. The best one I've seen visually per being screen acurate is probably the BK one, but to be honest even if I did care to deal with them, £250 odds for a belt is just insane).

I long ago gave up on anything for the lower body from Japan - I so rarely see them do anything over a 34" waist. I'm working on getting back down to a 38". I was a 32/34 in my twenties, but I know I'll never be able to be that small again. (Nor am I sure I'd want to be, tbh - I mean, I'm big over the shoulders, I wear a 44,46 or 48 in a jacket depending on cut). I've actually been looking at some nice garrison type belts on Etsy, Amish made, at about half the price of most TFL-type suppliers. I might well treat myself to a brown one of those and a long length of leather thong as an easy ay of making a Brando-inspired belt. Won't be screen accurate - holes are too close together - but as a belt of that general theme for wearing around... When I hit target weight, I'll go at something black with the drill....

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Just ordered a pigeon tree crafting belt to jump on the bandwagon.
Generally speaking I prefer an 1 3/4” belt and those seem a little harder to find.

ReynardTheFox

New in Town
I only have two belts. One Ive had since I was 16 (I'm 51 now) and one I bought a strip of leather from a saddler and then made it into a belt. The old belt has a plain steel square buckle and the one I made is much the same but in brass. That's all i need and they'll see me out.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Due to COVID boredom I went a little crazy with my belt making, and stopped at seven. I don't think I need any more, lol. It all started when I bought a used Warpath belt on the left and thought the buckle was a little flimsy. I replaced it with a Japanese sand-cast brass buckle, and liked the outcome. I then experimented with 1 3/4 and 1 1/2" widths and some other buckles from Japan. I stopped at the camo leather strap on the right. I think I am good now...:)

belts.JPG

Flanderian

Practically Family
Due to COVID boredom I went a little crazy with my belt making, and stopped at seven. I don't think I need any more, lol. It all started when I bought a used Warpath belt on the left and thought the buckle was a little flimsy. I replaced it with a Japanese sand-cast brass buckle, and liked the outcome. I then experimented with 1 3/4 and 1 1/2" widths and some other buckles from Japan. I stopped at the camo leather strap on the right. I think I am good now...:)

View attachment 334599

Better belt making, than belt buying. :D

Have always been fond of surcingle belts, and upon discovering a desirable source, have overindulged -

Have a half dozen, or so, of the plain variety -

Surcingle.jpg

And a few with an embroidered motif -

Embroidered.jpg

Though I don't have images, same source used to sell tartan patterned wool cloth sewn to webbing with the same sort of tab closure, and I've enjoyed those as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB